Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD velocity 🔵
15 Posts
Is there any reasoning for this shutdown. Is it a parts shortage or could it be a labor issue. From what I have read it's always about parts. There is an influx immigrants coming here for better jobs & freebies. I just wonder what the average hourly rate is for the people on the line. We all know why alot of vehicle manufacturing is done in Mexico. Cheap or cheaper labor

·
Registered
156 Posts
From Ford Media Center:

Maverick Hybrid is expected to start shipping in December with the first customer deliveries expected in January 2022 so required state and federal emissions certification can be completed.
Due to high demand, all Maverick Hybrid production for the 2022 model year is expected to be fully reserved by early November. Once all 2022 Maverick Hybrids have been reserved, ordering for Maverick Hybrid will close until reopening next summer.
Customers are still able to place orders for Maverick with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, which is already on sale and off to a fast start with more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From Ford Media Center:

Maverick Hybrid is expected to start shipping in December with the first customer deliveries expected in January 2022 so required state and federal emissions certification can be completed.
Due to high demand, all Maverick Hybrid production for the 2022 model year is expected to be fully reserved by early November. Once all 2022 Maverick Hybrids have been reserved, ordering for Maverick Hybrid will close until reopening next summer.
Customers are still able to place orders for Maverick with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost engine, which is already on sale and off to a fast start with more on their way to dealers and customers nationwide.
I know about that info, but it says nothing about May 22 being the start of 2023 models.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I know about that info, but it says nothing about May 22 being the start of 2023 models.
Your right. I just posted the info for others that may not have seen Ford's official response.

Now if the May 22 is correct ( which I doubt ) I firmly believe my 2022 order will become a 2023 order on that date and hopefully at the same price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts