I have a 2.0EB AWD with FX4 and 4K Tow and decided to post my research on tire sizes for when I get ready to do lift. Tire diameter (d) and circumference (c) shown in inches. The 4K Tow has a lower gear ratio so I figured what size tire would give me the stock ratio. Also noted factors that could help with fuel economy. Feel free to add info or correct if you see any errors.
• 225/65R17 (28.5d * STOCK *) 89.58c
• 235/65R17 (29d * STOCK OPTIONAL *) 91.19c
• 245/65R17 (29.5d, BFG K02) 92.8c
• 235/70R17 (30d, don't go any bigger than this without lift) 94.1c
(same ratio with towing as standard tire size, no tow)
• 225/75R17 (30.3d, skinnier profile)
• 235/75R17 (30.88d)
• 245/70R17 (30.5d, almost touches) 95.83c
• 255/65R17 (30.5d, 95.41c, 1.014 ratio to non-tow)
• 255/70R17 (31.06d, 97.56c)
• 255/75R17 (32.1d) 100.72c (1.07 ratio to non-tow, 1.12 ratio to tow)
* 31.0 + possible with lift
• 2 inch lift from FordRangerLifts 235/75R17 is 31 inch, if went 245 wide, might rub fenders
• Go lighter, with narrower tires. Don't need 8 ply, which are heavier and cost in fuel economy.
View attachment 4271