Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, trying to place the order in north Dallas TX, the dealer requesting a 999.00 add-ons. After negotiation, they said, could be 499.00, but I really don't want it.
Do you happen to know a dealer that do not charge extra on top of MSRP in Dallas?
Please let me know, thank you!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Google Ford dealers in my area. Email every one within reasonable travel distance and tell them what you are looking for and that you are contacting every dealer within a 500 mile radius(even though your not) for a quote. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi guys, trying to place the order in north Dallas TX, the dealer requesting a 999.00 add-ons. After negotiation, they said, could be 499.00, but I really don't want it.
Do you happen to know a dealer that do not charge extra on top of MSRP in Dallas?
Unfortunately you’re VERY late to the game (so to speak) in attempting to acquire a new Maverick Hybrid truck WAY into the future. Here’s why it’s a perfect storm of very long wait time in placing an order and getting a dealer to be only $1000 over MSRP. The supply chain (from factory securing all parts and production and then to dealer) has been greatly interrupted due to the Covid pandemic. Ford it seems underestimated the popularity of the hybrid model. The EPA (environmental protection agency) for whatever reason did not certify the hybrid model until just a couple weeks ago (every new vehicle has to be certified before it can be sold.) (Like a certificate of occupancy for every new home before buyers can move in). So dealers don’t really want new orders now because they know they cannot supply the needed new hybrid models fast enough, so they will resort to well over MSRP prices for new orders. Probably take a couple years from now for things to shake out back to normal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just placed the order. But I changed my mind, upgrade to a Ecoboost engine instead of hybrid. I need the car at the end of this year. Compare with 10 miles per gallon saving, how is the Ford Ecoboost? I have never own a ford car, this is the first one! Will I disappointed? Tell me!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately you’re VERY late to the game (so to speak) in attempting to acquire a new Maverick Hybrid truck WAY into the future. Here’s why it’s a perfect storm of very long wait time in placing an order and getting a dealer to be only $1000 over MSRP. The supply chain (from factory securing all parts and production and then to dealer) has been greatly interrupted due to the Covid pandemic. Ford it seems underestimated the popularity of the hybrid model. The EPA (environmental protection agency) for whatever reason did not certify the hybrid model until just a couple weeks ago (every new vehicle has to be certified before it can be sold.) (Like a certificate of occupancy for every new home before buyers can move in). So dealers don’t really want new orders now because they know they cannot supply the needed new hybrid models fast enough, so they will resort to well over MSRP prices for new orders. Probably take a couple years from now for things to shake out back to normal.
yeah, pretty late!!! 5555555
Just place the order, don't know when it can be built.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered last week and got a build date in mid January, xl hybrid with nothing on it. Figured why pay taxes on extras I'll never use and run the risk of something on my build not being available and holding it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I just returned from my local Ford dealer in Paris, Texas. (Paris Ford). They will accept the X plan on the order and not add on any dealer products. If no x plan the price will be MSRP on a order. Took only about 15 minutes to finish the order process. No deposit was required.

We ordered a Area 51 Lariat Maverick with the Eco Boost, Tow Package, AWD, Luxury Package, Ford Copilot 360,Full size spare, and the Trifold Tonneau Cover.
Was told it would take about 3-1/2 to 4 months before delivery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, I ordered, mine is XLT 2.0Eb+360+lux+full size spare tire.......I want to remove the lux package, since I don't think I can use it a lot in Texas. We are not that cold need to be heated.....not decide yet........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts