Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people!

I just placed an order for an XLT with the following options:

-Ford Co-Pilot
-XLT Luxury Package
-Console Vault
-Sliding Rear Window.

Total estimated cost (before taxes/fees) is $27,205

I was just playing around on the Maverick builder online and saw that I could build a Lariat, with Ford CoPilot and a console vault for about $27,900.

After looking at this I was considering changing my order to a Lariat. The only thing I would have to pay for would be a spray-in bed liner, but that's something I feel I can wait on..

So I guess my question is, what do you guys think would hold a better resale value in the future? An optioned out XLT, to a Lariat? Also is the are there any features of the XLT luxury package that don't come standard on the Lariat? (Minus the bed liner)

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just evaluated the same, I went with the XLT, with the 2.0 AWD Luxury upgrade, Tow, FX4 option. When I saw the price was near the Lariat, (with leather instead of cloth), the main difference to me was HEATED SEATS. You have to add the Luxury pkg on the Lariat ($3k plus "gulp") to get the warmers and (adding a spray-in bed liner which is standard on the FX4) and where the XLT luxury has the heated seats on the cloth as standard. (note there is an electric rear window which I would never use on the Lariat). I went with the Altos Blue and the cloth seats are the Navy two tone so I am happy with that, with the knowledge I plan to keep this for a while, but even if I wanted to trade soon, I really don't think there will be trouble to sell later. (look at the used market now, totally insane)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also be mindful - Intelligent Access Fob vs. Remote Start Fob (traditional key). I noticed this between XLT and Lariat. Kind of irks me because I want Oxford White w/ Navy Pier, but with the Intelligent Access Fob, not the old-school key style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also be mindful - Intelligent Access Fob vs. Remote Start Fob (traditional key). I noticed this between XLT and Lariat. Kind of irks me because I want Oxford White w/ Navy Pier, but with the Intelligent Access Fob, not the old-school key style.
Thats a good point, i haven’t considered that. Its a bummer that that... hmmm

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hello people!

I just placed an order for an XLT with the following options:

-Ford Co-Pilot
-XLT Luxury Package
-Console Vault
-Sliding Rear Window.

Total estimated cost (before taxes/fees) is $27,205

I was just playing around on the Maverick builder online and saw that I could build a Lariat, with Ford CoPilot and a console vault for about $27,900.

After looking at this I was considering changing my order to a Lariat. The only thing I would have to pay for would be a spray-in bed liner, but that's something I feel I can wait on..

So I guess my question is, what do you guys think would hold a better resale value in the future? An optioned out XLT, to a Lariat? Also is the are there any features of the XLT luxury package that don't come standard on the Lariat? (Minus the bed liner)

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum @kcfs2234! Are you going with the hybrid or ecoboost as your engine option?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Order is in:
Lariat in Rapid Red (so it triggers the First Edition trim, 2.5L Hybrid FWD).

Only extras I am adding are floor mats and paint protection (mostly because it comes with everything I want aside from the DIO stuff I can get later).

For me, its more of a runabout vehicle for errands and small home projects. It won't do anything serious, so economy + creature comforts are the driving factor.
It's replacing a '17 Jeep Compass (1st gen version) which was a short-term fix for after it's predecessor died a horrible death last summer. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read someone's comment on a YouTube video saying you can just use Ford's phone app to remote start the vehicle, regardless of type of key fob. Anyone know if that's true, maybe on current Ford vehicles?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
TerryE,
I just evaluated the same, I went with the XLT, with the 2.0 AWD Luxury upgrade, Tow, FX4 option. When I saw the price was near the Lariat, (with leather instead of cloth), the main difference to me was HEATED SEATS. You have to add the Luxury pkg on the Lariat ($3k plus "gulp") to get the warmers and (adding a spray-in bed liner which is standard on the FX4) and where the XLT luxury has the heated seats on the cloth as standard. (note there is an electric rear window which I would never use on the Lariat). I went with the Altos Blue and the cloth seats are the Navy two tone so I am happy with that, with the knowledge I plan to keep this for a while, but even if I wanted to trade soon, I really don't think there will be trouble to sell later. (look at the used market now, totally insane)
You mentioned that you would never use the power rear glass. Although not a major factor in my decision, I definitely like the power rear glass. My 2007 Ram has manual rear window and at one point I was in a newer rental Ram with power. I found I used it regularly, mainly for ventilation, especially when airing out a hot parked car in Atlanta summers. The fact that you touch a button rather than open rear door and climb in to slide a manual window mskes it a feature you might use more than you think.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome @kcfs2234

Were you considering any other vehicles before deciding to go with the Maverick?
Not really. Always wanted a pickup truck but all the offerings were too big/expensive. I live in a large city, and park my car on the street since I don't I have a driveway. So the size of the vehicle and fuel economy are important to me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
TerryE,

You mentioned that you would never use the power rear glass. Although not a major factor in my decision, I definitely like the power rear glass. My 2007 Ram has manual rear window and at one point I was in a newer rental Ram with power. I found I used it regularly, mainly for ventilation, especially when airing out a hot parked car in Atlanta summers. The fact that you touch a button rather than open rear door and climb in to slide a manual window mskes it a feature you might use more than you think.
perhaps, but I would rarely use the rear window, so the extra expense to me was not worth the option. To each their own.

·
Registered
37 Posts
TerryE,

I would never use manual rear glass, but my ram 1500 has power and its mostly used to get hot air out of the cab.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts