Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , just signed in .
Local dealer has an xlt coming in . They are asking $5,000 over sticker price. Just curious what you think.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly that seems to be fairly normal.
Thanks for the reply . When I first walked in they mentioned $10,000 over sticker , but since I have been buying my vehicles there for quite awhile they would offer it at $5,000 over. So who knows .

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would not recommend it unless you are planning on driving the vehicle until they crush it. You won't ever get that 5k back, but at least over 10-20 years that is a smaller loss, versus selling it after paying it off and taking a bath of the 5k, plus depreciation, plus the interest on that 5k, only to start the process over.

If it was 1-3k and you didn't have one on order, you are paying to cut in line, so whatever. May be worth it for you.

If you have one on order, not worth it.

The fact that they started at a 10k markup on a 27-33k truck and 'brought it down' to 5k due to your 'loyalty' would totally just rub me the wrong way. If they started at 5k and come down a bit, thats like 20% markup down to 10%. For me this would be at least palatable because we are in a crazy time of inflation an shortages, so almost 10% seems reasonable if you didn't do a custom order. The thing is, unlike selling a truck at MSRP, the dealership gets all the money from the markup. If they have no cars on the lot, maybe they are a bit desperate, but 5k is like the profit margin of like 3-10 cars depending at MSRP. At 10k markup, that is a 33-45% markup on the vehicle. Absolutely vile.

Again, its their right to ask this amount, but its my right to think its a bit vile.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello , just signed in .
Local dealer has an xlt coming in . They are asking $5,000 over sticker price. Just curious what you think.
Thanks
Did you order one? If not, from my visit to my dealer and conversations with him you are going to pay the 5k uptick. If you did order one at least for me it's MSRP, and I'm way ok with that givin the demand for the Mav.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
61 Posts
Hello , just signed in .
Thanks
Nope, I would not do it; especially, if you do not need a vehicle now. Place an order for your build, and the max I would pay is MSRP. Yes, you will have to wait, but if you do not need a vehicle NOW, it is not a big deal.

I have read a few people paying $1k over MSRP because they WANTED or NEEDED a Maverick NOW, and that is not too bad. $5-$10k >MSRP and you are being fucked without a kiss. Be patient, and the Maverick pricing should become reasonable as more trucks are built.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well told the dealer I didn't want to buy that one . I just placed an order at msrp. No mark up on orders . Thanks for the responses.
Good. The purchasers that pay the extra are getting the same vehicle, but paying to get it a month or so earlier.
I refuse to contribute so much extra profit for zero extra work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If nobody has done it yet, do the $35 MCA digitial membership and get access to X-Plan pricing. Avoid the markups, the extra fees, and cut the red tape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts