Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not order until July so I realize I am not at the top of the list, but as I am without a vehicle until my Maverick is built and doing loaners anything I can do to speed the process up I will consider. Here is what I ordered:
Alto Blue XLT
XLT Luxury package
17" painted aluminum wheels
Hard Trifold tonneau cover
Bedliner-Spray in
Protective film hood/fenders
Manual rear sliding window
Cargo bed net
Trailer hitch receiver with 4 pin
Bed tie downs locking rails with two locking brackets
Navy interior
Floor liners, all weather tray style, incl. carpet floor mats
AM/FM radio w/ 6 speakers
2.5L Hybrid FWD

Any thoughts appreciated. I am having it shipped to Chapman in Philadelphia, dealing with Ed Simpson (who has been great btw!!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did not order until July so I realize I am not at the top of the list, but as I am without a vehicle until my Maverick is built and doing loaners anything I can do to speed the process up I will consider. Here is what I ordered:
Alto Blue XLT
XLT Luxury package
17" painted aluminum wheels
Bedliner-Spray in
Manual rear sliding window
Cargo bed net
Trailer hitch receiver with 4 pin
Bed tie downs locking rails with two locking brackets
Navy interior
Floor liners, all weather tray style, incl. carpet floor mats
AM/FM radio w/ 6 speakers
2.5L Hybrid FWD

Any thoughts appreciated. I am having it shipped to Chapman in Philadelphia, dealing with Ed Simpson (who has been great btw!!)
Same boat as you my only car 2018 BOLT EV is on GM buyback for next week.

I ordered Aug 2th got VIN and build date for week Oct 4th.
But i choose Hybrid XL white color with copilot 360(Figured they would have a build week for just fleet trucks)

Remove Bedliner Spray, Hard Trifold tonneau cover for your order & ask your dealer to change priority code to 10

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've been thinking about removing those 1 liter water bottle holders, but then I worry that I won't be able to amaze and impress my friends when I'm driving my new truck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

But i choose Hybrid XL white color with copilot 360(Figured they would have a build week for just fleet trucks)

Remove Bedliner Spray, Hard Trifold tonneau cover for your order & ask your dealer to change priority code to 10
My has been on priority 10 since I got it ordered, Ed confirmed that was still the code this week.

I have read that the bedliner might make a difference. Though about the tonneau also. Can those be done at the dealer as soon as it arrives? I am driving 12 hours just to deal with Ed :) Hoping not to have to do too much after but the speed of delivery is now my main priority unfortunately.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is sad that ordering comes down to "what can I eliminate in order to speed the production and delivery of my custom made truck?" One would think that a major part of the excitement and anticipation of ordering a custom made vehicle is the knowledge that the Maverick is being constructed just the way you want it. I had my reservation in within 3 hours of Fords reveal. The order was confirmed by Ford on June 18th. My order also has not yet been selected for production. I suspect that it could be the "protective film" that is delaying the selection. In spite of this, I am (at the moment) still willing to "wait it out" just to get the vehicle built the way I want it. I would appreciate some communication from Ford on this. My thought is that we consumers are in this purchase waiting process together with Ford and open communication adds to the trust and confidence that we have already placed in the manufacturer's hands.

·
Registered
24 Posts
From what I've heard they're not so much pulling orders based on when you placed the order but based on the spec. i.e. they might pull all the XLT's orders with lux packages and do them at the same time or what have you. This was mentioned in one of the recent Maverick videos from Long McArthur. But to your question, anything that is dealer installed or that you can install yourself, removing it might speed up production I've heard. I didn't add a lot to mine but I'm not removing anything because I ordered late and not in a big rush.

·
Registered
25 Posts
From what I've heard they're not so much pulling orders based on when you placed the order but based on the spec. i.e. they might pull all the XLT's orders with lux packages and do them at the same time or what have you. This was mentioned in one of the recent Maverick videos from Long McArthur. But to your question, anything that is dealer installed or that you can install yourself, removing it might speed up production I've heard. I didn't add a lot to mine but I'm not removing anything because I ordered late and not in a big rush.
Yes, Tim did mention that in one of his recent videos. Basically if it isn't part of a package just add it later after you get the truck. Parts that are part of a package will get the priority.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nowhere have I heard cargo net and tri-fold tonneau cover were late release items. If they would hold back an order for that, it would be the pinnacle of dumb management. Ship the truck, let me know when the dealer gets the 10minutes to install accessories.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nowhere have I heard cargo net and tri-fold tonneau cover were late release items. If they would hold back an order for that, it would be the pinnacle of dumb management. Ship the truck, let me know when the dealer gets the 10minutes to install accessories.
The cargo net was on the official late-availability list from the order guide. Not sure if it is still there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The cargo net was on the official late-availability list from the order guide. Not sure if it is still there.
I specifically asked the dealer about that, if that is the case I sit corrected. Can you imagine delaying a truck for a cargo net? Wow... literally makes no sense.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I specifically asked the dealer about that, if that is the case I sit corrected. Can you imagine delaying a truck for a cargo net? Wow... literally makes no sense.
This actually makes perfect since. Considering your talking about the first run vehicles and 20k orders being built directly for customers. If Ford can build and finish 12,000 first they would be foolish not to. Why would Ford build 8,000 trucks that will need follow up items installed and/or picked up by the customer. This costs more money and time; coordination, shipment of parts, installation at dealers. This also adds frustration to customers that wanted a perfectly built truck but missing parts upon pickup. Assuredly Ford is working to get the late availability components and is making it clear what those components are. We all getting bent out of shape waiting for a truck that isn’t suppose to be out yet, in a time that vehicles are harder to find than toilet paper.

By the way, I ordered mid June with no adds ons and still waiting for a build.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This actually makes perfect since. Considering your talking about the first run vehicles and 20k orders being built directly for customers. If Ford can build and finish 12,000 first they would be foolish not to. Why would Ford build 8,000 trucks that will need follow up items installed and/or picked up by the customer. This costs more money and time; coordination, shipment of parts, installation at dealers. This also adds frustration to customers that wanted a perfectly built truck but missing parts upon pickup. Assuredly Ford is working to get the late availability components and is making it clear what those components are. We all getting bent out of shape waiting for a truck that isn’t suppose to be out yet, in a time that vehicles are harder to find than toilet paper.

By the way, I ordered mid June with no adds ons and still waiting for a build.
Well the latest order guide (8/1/2021) list for late availability is:

● 4K Tow Package (53Q) for FWD XL and XLT
● Splash Guards, Molded, Front and Rear (4-piece)(63B)
● Bed Tray Liner (96B)
● Bedliner – Hard Drop-in (96J)
● Bed Divider Kit (DIO)
● Rear Cross Bars(DIO)
● Rapid Red Metallic Tri-Coat (D4)

So for the time being I'm safe. Couldn't imagine waiting since June... good luck

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think this is where I saw that it was late availability on an older order guide:

Looks like it is no longer on the list, which is great news.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Hybrid XL has a date... that's promising. I ordered the XL originally, with Ford confirming June 26, but on July 8 changed to Hybrid XLT, XLT luxury package, and carpeted floor liners. No other extras, just what's in the XLT lux package. Still no build date. Priority code 19 - I haven't heard that makes any difference. Have order code C623 and price level 215... don't know that those have any meaning either

·
Registered
26 Posts
The dealer can look up your order and see if it is tagged as "non constrained" if so, it's not the parts holding up the order, it is the assembly line and manufacturing. If the order is "constrained" then you might consider removing whatever is holding it up

·
Registered
50 Posts
My suggestion is to remove these options - You can purchase from Ford before or after the truck arrives and have installed by the dealer or you can Third-Party these options.

Cargo bed net

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
61 Posts
Honestly, I believe it is a gamble to remove the things you want and HOPE for a quicker build. After our builds are entered, we are at the mercy of FORD and their process for selecting builds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Honestly, I believe it is a gamble to remove the things you want and HOPE for a quicker build. After our builds are entered, we are at the mercy of FORD and their process for selecting builds.
It's a crap shoot but I just don't want to give Ford any excuses to hold up my build. The options I'm looking at like a hard trifold tonneau cover or all weather mats can either be installed the dealer or by a vendor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts