Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting 3 and a half years, I am finally getting my Compass Yellow Rivian this Friday the 13th. Because I needed a truck by Jan 2022, and Rivian not making that deadline, I quickly went to Ford and ordered a Maverick in Oct 2021.
At the time I didn't know that Maverick was being delayed as well. The dealer also didn't tell me anything about a wait.
So here I am, not knowing if I should cancel my Maverick or keep it. I ordered the basic Hybrid with a tow hitch and a drop in bed liner I think. Anyway, right around $22,000.
 

·
Registered
2012 CRV
Joined
·
1 Posts
This is a maverick form so obviously, there's some Maverick Supremacy to be accounted for lol.
In all seriousness though, Considering that your Rivian has arrived and the Maverick hasn't, get to know the Rivian first before deciding if you should cancel your Maverick order. If there's something(s) you don't like about the Rivian and can't deal with, you have a backup to fall upon. Congratulations on receiving your Rivian. (y)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
After waiting 3 and a half years, I am finally getting my Compass Yellow Rivian this Friday the 13th. Because I needed a truck by Jan 2022, and Rivian not making that deadline, I quickly went to Ford and ordered a Maverick in Oct 2021.
At the time I didn't know that Maverick was being delayed as well. The dealer also didn't tell me anything about a wait.
So here I am, not knowing if I should cancel my Maverick or keep it. I ordered the basic Hybrid with a tow hitch and a drop in bed liner I think. Anyway, right around $22,000.
saw my first and only Riv in a parking lot and went to take a closer look at it - great styling all around, it's very eye catching and looks to be a great ride, the headlights are sharp! Ah, the Ford dealer probably figured you knew about the wait, when I ordered mine in October I told the sales guy that maybe I'll get it in the spring and he said well...if you're luck, probably sometime in the summer. Keep the order, the worst that is going to happen is that you turn it down when it's time to pick it up and you get your deposit back. If you're a good negotiator you might be able to convince them to give you some $ and you'll let them keep it. You've got a good hand there so don't throw your cards in without getting something out of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
After waiting 3 and a half years, I am finally getting my Compass Yellow Rivian this Friday the 13th. Because I needed a truck by Jan 2022, and Rivian not making that deadline, I quickly went to Ford and ordered a Maverick in Oct 2021.
At the time I didn't know that Maverick was being delayed as well. The dealer also didn't tell me anything about a wait.
So here I am, not knowing if I should cancel my Maverick or keep it. I ordered the basic Hybrid with a tow hitch and a drop in bed liner I think. Anyway, right around $22,000.
Keep it it you can make even quick $3k or $5k
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top