Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a Maverick yesterday. An AWD Ecoboost XLT with luxury package and copilot in Hot Pepper Red. Dealer says approximately 6-8 weeks which was confirmed by another dealer but I'm not holding my breath. Every dealer around me had an Ecoboost or two on the lot but they were sold. This is the first car I've ordered. I've always just purchased what was on the lot.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My original build until I decided to go for the Lariat... still cheaper than what I was cross shopping - 2022 Frontier SV 4x4 (more capable and significantly worse MPG) after deciding I didn't need the extra capability of the Nissan.

Reactions: mcgartlin95

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 2019 Trax on lease and still had 12 months left. I decided I would get a Maverick when the lease was up. I started noticing the skyrocketing used car prices. I then checked the payoff quote to buy my Trax from the leasing company and it was well below trade in value. I ended up selling it to a Chevy dealer for more than $4,000 over payoff. I then got an Uber from the Chevy dealer to take me to the Ford dealer and I placed an order for a Maverick. Not much negotiating to be had. I got Z plan pricing and ended up paying $28,500 plus tax. I got $4,000 more from the Trax than I ever expected so that softened the blow of paying near sticker.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a 2019 Trax on lease and still had 12 months left. I decided I would get a Maverick when the lease was up. I started noticing the skyrocketing used car prices. I then checked the payoff quote to buy my Trax from the leasing company and it was well below trade in value. I ended up selling it to a Chevy dealer for more than $4,000 over payoff. I then got an Uber from the Chevy dealer to take me to the Ford dealer and I placed an order for a Maverick. Not much negotiating to be had. I got Z plan pricing and ended up paying $28,500 plus tax. I got $4,000 more from the Trax than I ever expected so that softened the blow of paying near sticker.
I guess you have a car to drive while you wait for the Maverick to be built?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess you have a car to drive while you wait for the Maverick to be built?
My parents have an old Chrysler minivan they aren't driving that I'm using until the Maverick is finished. GM made this difficult because they wouldn't let me sell the Trax to any dealer other than a GM dealer. This would have been easier if I could have just sold the Trax to the Ford dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just ordered a Maverick yesterday. An AWD Ecoboost XLT with luxury package and copilot in Hot Pepper Red. Dealer says approximately 6-8 weeks which was confirmed by another dealer but I'm not holding my breath. Every dealer around me had an Ecoboost or two on the lot but they were sold. This is the first car I've ordered. I've always just purchased what was on the lot.
I also ordered hot pepper AWD ecoboost. I was told 3 to 4 months in late November.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts