Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, placed my order on 7/12 for my maverick. It’s my first pickup truck, and believe it or not, at almost 28 my first automatic vehicle.

prior to this, I’ve had:

2002 chevy cavalier coupe
2007 Kawasaki ninja 250
2009 chevy cobalt ls xfe sedan
2017 Ford Focus st Kona blue
2018 Ford Focus st hot pepper red
2019 Triumph Street Triple 765
2021 Mazda Miata RF GT

this truck will be alongside the miata, cobalt (my beater with a heater) and the wife’s focus sel (auto but not my car, lol). It will be the utility car until the cobalt croaks and it will then be my daily. Originally ordered a Tacoma trd offroad manual in army green in March, but still haven’t received a build date and will likely be canceling it now. The maverick seems to fit what we need overall much better.

My order is:
Hot pepper red
Lariat
Luxury package
4K tow package
Copilot

It will have basically everything the Tacoma had amenities wise, except the sunroof which I purposely did not order as we never use my wife’s and have the Miata for top down fun, but will be much cheaper and friendlier on the road than the Tacoma. Super excited to get the truck and excited to be here!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello all, placed my order on 7/12 for my maverick. It’s my first pickup truck, and believe it or not, at almost 28 my first automatic vehicle.

prior to this, I’ve had:

2002 chevy cavalier coupe
2007 Kawasaki ninja 250
2009 chevy cobalt ls xfe sedan
2017 Ford Focus st Kona blue
2018 Ford Focus st hot pepper red
2019 Triumph Street Triple 765
2021 Mazda Miata RF GT

this truck will be alongside the miata, cobalt (my beater with a heater) and the wife’s focus sel (auto but not my car, lol). It will be the utility car until the cobalt croaks and it will then be my daily. Originally ordered a Tacoma trd offroad manual in army green in March, but still haven’t received a build date and will likely be canceling it now. The maverick seems to fit what we need overall much better.

My order is:
Hot pepper red
Lariat
Luxury package
4K tow package
Copilot

It will have basically everything the Tacoma had amenities wise, except the sunroof which I purposely did not order as we never use my wife’s and have the Miata for top down fun, but will be much cheaper and friendlier on the road than the Tacoma. Super excited to get the truck and excited to be here!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum! I love your stick shift history and applaud that 1000%
I am an old guy, but I can’t get used to the term “ the wife” as a married man of 41 years. Perhaps my age is preventing me form being familiar with the term or, I am very old fashioned when I lovingly speak of my wife.

Please forgive if I sound judgemental as I am not trying to be, I am trying to learn about this saying as I have seen it on this site and others. I hope you take this as a kind invitation to inform an old guy. Thank you.

All the best sir. Have fun with your new Ford Maverick!
I can only speak for myself, here. But I think it has to do with trying to convey an idea quickly and with little doubt as to whom he is talking about.
If he were to have said "This car will be alongside the Miata, Cobalt, and Julie's Focus..." Some would wonder "who is Julie and why should we care?" It also respects his wife's privacy. Maybe she doesn't want her name mentioned?
And it is a heck of a lot better than saying "the old lady" or "the ol ball and chain" or any other defamatory term.
You also just referred to your spouse as "wife."

·
Registered
28 Posts
No big deal guys, just different ways of saying things!
Thank you guys, both Tmsmith and Toddio 12. A new way of conveying care and respect for our wives. And yes a far cry from the derogatory terms also noted.
An old dog can learn new terms .... now back to The Maverick good stuff.
Thanks and best to all -✔🇺🇸

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am also from southwest OH (Lebanon). I ordered a Cactus Gray XLT hybrid with just about everything you could get on that trim level. Would have gone with the Lariat if I could get cooled seats. Oh well. Definitely excited for my first daily driver truck (if you don't count my 79 El Camino in high school :) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts