Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just ordered my Maverick XL in Area 51. I don't see a lot of people on the forums who ordered the XL, so I am hoping this works out for me. I've never been interested in owning a truck before, but this seems like a good size for me. I put a tow package, AWD, and the ECO Boost on mine so I could use it for camping and pulling a small trailer but also being a daily drive for me. I've never owned a Ford...my dad was a GM engineer, so hoping for the best! Also hoping to hear from other NM owners who might like a meet up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you order in ABQ or somewhere else?
I ordered from Town and Country Ford in Alamosa, CO. I found out that they had allotments for orders left...only one had been used when I ordered. Plus, I live in Taos, so ABQ is 3 hrs away and Alamosa is only 1.5 hrs away from me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I ordered from Rich Ford in ABQ. I had a good experience with them buying my Focus in '18, and have had some negative experiences with Chalmers' service department. It's further for me, given that I live in RR, but going out of my way for a better experience is worth the gas and time.

Long story short, Chalmers took 3 weeks to diagnose a problem that I clearly explained, including me coming back (twice!) to demonstrate the issue to the service manager, while Rich had the same problem diagnosed in a day and fixed in 3 days. Apparently the '18 Focus likes to eat accelerator pedal position sensors, I've gone through 2 of them at about 13k mile intervals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings All.
XLT in orange Hybrid, lux pkg, trailer hitch, needed Cruse control, spare tire etc. Main house in Rio Rancho, Questa. Yup back and forth. Yard work at each. No goats head in Questa, just RR ( not Red River).
Just sold my Volt and two other vehicles. Still have three plus a 650 Suzuki Burgman. Any takers on the Burgman?
Okay, Bueno Bye
Francisco

1 - 5 of 5 Posts