Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tried to build a Lariat package with Co-Pilot 360 and 1st Edition in Area 51 color but it says I cannot add the 400watt option? Says I have to change to Shadow Black and remove, I infer the Lariat package plus 1st Edition package. What the heck is one to do if they want the 400 watt option packaged the way I built it?

If Ford does not allow the 400 watt option feature in my built package then guess i can say screw it and get the XL. Price difference would be $10k less though I know the options I picked would have been nice. Maybe Ford does not want us to spend $$$ they way we want...sadly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My bad...so seems if one does the xlt with luxury package no option to add the 1st edition to that. Not a big fan of the Lariat 'leather' coloring per say so not 100% sold on that interior. Then again maybe better then the xlt blue/white fabric. Will build a xlt with luxury package to compare pricing.
Hum, ok the results for my hybrid the way I would want it are:
base XL $23,755
XLT with Luxury pkg $27,640
XLT Lariat $33,185
Guess the extra $4k there abouts make the XLT with Luxury package a good option in my book. No adaptive cruise control but at least cruise control. Manual rear window (power would have been nice) will do...though my doggie has not figured out she can/should stick her end out the car window a bit. She is not yet thrilled to do car rides. Extra pillow lets her sit up higher so she can see out the windows :)
thanks

·
Registered
1970 Mercury Montego, 2018 Dodge Challenger, 2017 F-150
312 Posts
I don't understand Ford's interior color for the Lariat in the Maverick. Or the Bronco sport. Sorry that "camel" brown is aweful. Least to me. The Maverick doesn't have Kodiak Brownas an option as it does with the Sport. Me showing my age, here, I miss American cars which had beautiful interiors in the seventies! All colors too! Thanx IMPORTS for MESSING THAT UP! Forever. Anyway I do like the interior of the XLT. Hopefully it looks ok in person.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tried to build a Lariat package with Co-Pilot 360 and 1st Edition in Area 51 color but it says I cannot add the 400watt option? Says I have to change to Shadow Black and remove, I infer the Lariat package plus 1st Edition package. What the heck is one to do if they want the 400 watt option packaged the way I built it?

If Ford does not allow the 400 watt option feature in my built package then guess i can say screw it and get the XL. Price difference would be $10k less though I know the options I picked would have been nice. Maybe Ford does not want us to spend $$$ they way we want...sadly.
Sorry this stinks, you have to except a package you don’t want for some extras. The 3 grand upgrade to get better radios along with other things like adaptive cruise control is crazy. Adaptive cruise is standard on many cars now for awhile. I feel your frustration as I ordered lariat package also.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't understand Ford's interior color for the Lariat in the Maverick. Or the Bronco sport. Sorry that "camel" brown is aweful. Least to me. The Maverick doesn't have Kodiak Brownas an option as it does with the Sport. Me showing my age, here, I miss American cars which had beautiful interiors in the seventies! All colors too! Thanx IMPORTS for MESSING THAT UP! Forever. Anyway I do like the interior of the XLT. Hopefully it looks ok in person.
The Lariat ugly tan seats are THE reason I’m going w/ XLT. But now I have to forego the acou windshield I really want. cant understand why gray/charcoal colors aren’t offered because thee tan justt doesnt look right with the exterior color choices.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Lariat ugly tan seats are THE reason I’m going w/ XLT. But now I have to forego the acou windshield I really want. cant understand why gray/charcoal colors aren’t offered because thee tan justt doesnt look right with the exterior color choices.
The tan should go well with several of the colors - cyber orange, Area 51, rapid red, etc - but I agree it may not go so well with some of them.
My quibble is that the active x seats are simulated leather - not real - they should offer a real leather option - at least on the seating surfaces.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The tan should go well with several of the colors - cyber orange, Area 51, rapid red, etc - but I agree it may not go so well with some of them.
My quibble is that the active x seats are simulated leather - not real - they should offer a real leather option - at least on the seating surfaces.
full real leather car seats are long gone. Many auto companies use no real leather in there seats. Tesla is now leather free.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a suggestion for you, buy the XLT with all the options you want, and simply order Katskin leather seats, check them out you can hundreds of combinations. I was looking to buy 2021 F 150 Regular cab with the short bed with the full bench seat. My plans were to buy the Katskins, many dealers do this also. I ordered thw Lariat in Velocity Blue and think they should look good. to each his own.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Hello I was able to build the lariat package with 360 co-pilot and your Area 51 color, without first Edition package and was able to add the 400 watt 110 volt plug behind the center console. With my package (Lariat) I cannot see how I can get the bed 400 watt 110 volt receptacle but I did get the inside 110 volt receptical. I agree with you regarding the package options, we need more stand alone options.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The bed 110V inverter plug is part of the (XLT/Lariat) Luxury package. It should also include the cab inverter plug, but if you try to add it again as an option the build tool gets confused and wants to remove the luxury package. And consequently the First Edition if you had that as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts

Tim Barth reviews ( Long Arthur Ford, Salina, Kansas) explains the ActiveX material and how it actually wears better than real leather.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts