Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I submitted my reservation Monday 8/16 and arranged everything via email with a nearby dealership. I've been communicating by email with the Customer Relations Manager of the dealership who supposedly submitted my order on 8/18 but what she sent as a confirmation of my order was just a scan of a printout from the Ford Website. I haven't received any email confirmation for my order and they haven't responded to any of my emails since 8/18. I called Ford customer service and asked if they could confirm that I had an order. The guy asked me for my name, email etc and said he was looking for it. He came back after about 5 minutes and said he would need to call the dealership to locate the order and I'm waiting for Ford to call me back after they reach out to the dealership. I have a suspicion they did not put in my order, or possibly didn't convert my reservation into a retail order properly. It's either something shady or incompetence. Anybody with dealership knowledge have suggestions on how to proceed from here? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I submitted my reservation Monday 8/16 and arranged everything via email with a nearby dealership. I've been communicating by email with the Customer Relations Manager of the dealership who supposedly submitted my order on 8/18 but what she sent as a confirmation of my order was just a scan of a printout from the Ford Website. I haven't received any email confirmation for my order and they haven't responded to any of my emails since 8/18. I called Ford customer service and asked if they could confirm that I had an order. The guy asked me for my name, email etc and said he was looking for it. He came back after about 5 minutes and said he would need to call the dealership to locate the order and I'm waiting for Ford to call me back after they reach out to the dealership. I have a suspicion they did not put in my order, or possibly didn't convert my reservation into a retail order properly. It's either something shady or incompetence. Anybody with dealership knowledge have suggestions on how to proceed from here? Thanks.
There is a very good chance your dealership didn’t place the order. When I ordered mine I received a confirmation within a couple of days from Ford.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a very good chance your dealership didn’t place the order. When I ordered mine I received a confirmation within a couple of days from Ford.
I suspect either that is the case or they did it as a dealer order instead of retail. I just left the dealership and the salesman I had been working with acted like he didn't have access to pull up my order. I asked if we could go over it and he said he'd have to wait until the CRM was in on Monday and talk to her about it. He came back to his desk with what looked like a printed order and started making changes to it that I had requested but when I asked for a copy he just said "we have to wait until monday" it really feels like they're hiding something. The salesman that greeted me at the door acted like it would be no problem to pull up my order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I suspect either that is the case or they did it as a dealer order instead of retail. I just left the dealership and the salesman I had been working with acted like he didn't have access to pull up my order. I asked if we could go over it and he said he'd have to wait until the CRM was in on Monday and talk to her about it. He came back to his desk with what looked like a printed order and started making changes to it that I had requested but when I asked for a copy he just said "we have to wait until monday" it really feels like they're hiding something. The salesman that greeted me at the door acted like it would be no problem to pull up my order.
Yesterday I placed my order, within a couple hours I had confirmation from Ford that it was ordered.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the confirmation email from FoMoCo within 5 minutes of email from dealership.
5 minutes.
Something wrong. Incompetent, or perhaps the order was not placed.
A competent and honest dealer/salesperson would have been able to give you a 'DORA' printout that indicated your order had been placed. The email from Ford would congratulate you and show the progress after the order was placed and confirmed. May be your dealer is incompetent and does not know how, and if so, you need to get a new dealer.
tom

·
Registered
123 Posts
I got the confirmation email from FoMoCo within 5 minutes of email from dealership.
5 minutes.
Something wrong. Incompetent, or perhaps the order was not placed.
A competent and honest dealer/salesperson would have been able to give you a 'DORA' printout that indicated your order had been placed. The email from Ford would congratulate you and show the progress after the order was placed and confirmed. May be your dealer is incompetent and does not know how, and if so, you need to get a new dealer.
tom
My salesperson and I talked about Mavericks and bed covers until my email confirmation came through from Ford. Couldn't have been more than 10 minutes. He also printed out my signed order, along with what he sent to Ford.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My salesperson and I talked about Mavericks and bed covers until my email confirmation came through from Ford. Couldn't have been more than 10 minutes. He also printed out my signed order, along with what he sent to Ford.
I just left the dealership and the woman seemed completely miffed by the idea of anybody receiving an email confirming an order that quickly and when I asked for a printed confirmation of my order she gave me an "order preview" sheet. This order was supposedly submitted last week according to her. Then she came up with something about the order was still pending because there were 2 address on file for me in the portal and the XLT was listed with the XL interior in the order. I have no idea if any of this is true or if they're trying to cover their a**es. This is all I have been given so far.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just left the dealership and the woman seemed completely miffed by the idea of anybody receiving an email confirming an order that quickly and when I asked for a printed confirmation of my order she gave me an "order preview" sheet. This order was supposedly submitted last week according to her. Then she came up with something about the order was still pending because there were 2 address on file for me in the portal and the XLT was listed with the XL interior in the order. I have no idea if any of this is true or if they're trying to cover their a**es. This is all I have been given so far.

View attachment 1360
Oh my... that looks like a 'no we haven't ordered your Maverick' to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jibbers ... ',,,just got my confirmation email from Ford. It was never submitted..."
confused.
The bottom line on the image you uploaded says: "This order has not been submitted to the order bank. This is not an invoice." Which you pried out of your sales person with a crow bar... more or less.
Are you saying you DID get a confirmation with the picure of a Maverick and the timeline across the top indicating your order was FINALLY submitted and accepted? I think that's what you want. I got mine (confirmation email with timeline & image) within 5 minutes of the dealer submitting the order and sending me a copy of the submission.
I guess if you just got it, they were sitting on the order. Remember, what is important to you is not important to someone else until you make it important to them. Sometimes reminding someone who will essentially sign their paycheck it enough of a reminder. Sometimes picking up and walking out the door will do.
tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jibbers ... ',,,just got my confirmation email from Ford. It was never submitted..."
confused.
The bottom line on the image you uploaded says: "This order has not been submitted to the order bank. This is not an invoice." Which you pried out of your sales person with a crow bar... more or less.
Are you saying you DID get a confirmation with the picure of a Maverick and the timeline across the top indicating your order was FINALLY submitted and accepted? I think that's what you want. I got mine (confirmation email with timeline & image) within 5 minutes of the dealer submitting the order and sending me a copy of the submission.
I guess if you just got it, they were sitting on the order. Remember, what is important to you is not important to someone else until you make it important to them. Sometimes reminding someone who will essentially sign their paycheck it enough of a reminder. Sometimes picking up and walking out the door will do.
tom
Yes, when I left the dealership all I had in hand was an "order preview" but shortly after I got home I received my order confirmation email from FoMoCo with the timeline at the top. So basically, they didn't submit my order until I went back up there complaining that I hadn't received a confirmation yet. Top notch customer service.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes, when I left the dealership all I had in hand was an "order preview" but shortly after I got home I received my order confirmation email from FoMoCo with the timeline at the top. So basically, they didn't submit my order until I went back up there complaining that I hadn't received a confirmation yet. Top notch customer service.
!Obviously! they had their "Best Men" on the job. ... not. Good that you got it kicked in motion. No telling how long it would have sat in some INBOX along its path w/o a bit of posterior encouragement.
tom

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
35 Posts
That's exactly what it was, I left the dealership 30 minutes ago and just got my confirmation email from Ford. It was never submitted.
Did they offer a reasonable explanation of what happen?

My process was completed in 20 minutes via emails, and this includes receiving an email order confirmation from FORD.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did they offer a reasonable explanation of what happen?

My process was completed in 20 minutes via emails, and this includes receiving an email order confirmation from FORD.
I got what sounded more like excuses. I asked for a printout of the order confirmation and instead of pulling up the supposed existing order, she started a brand new order and printed a "order preview" page that had none of my personal info on it was just like a dummy order or something. I flat out said, "this isn't my order, this is just a preview" and called out the "this order has not been submitted to the order bank" note at the bottom of the page. Then she came up with something about it showing the wrong interior and that must be why it didn't go through, It was an XLT package but supposedly showed the XL black interior but that doesn't explain why she had to mock up a new order to print something for me. It really felt like they were hiding something. I don't know if the order flat out didn't get done, or they tried to do it as a stock order instead of retail and were hiding that or what, no clue.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
35 Posts
I got what sounded more like excuses. I asked for a printout of the order confirmation and instead of pulling up the supposed existing order, she started a brand new order and printed a "order preview" page that had none of my personal info on it was just like a dummy order or something. I flat out said, "this isn't my order, this is just a preview" and called out the "this order has not been submitted to the order bank" note at the bottom of the page. Then she came up with something about it showing the wrong interior and that must be why it didn't go through, It was an XLT package but supposedly showed the XL black interior but that doesn't explain why she had to mock up a new order to print something for me. It really felt like they were hiding something. I don't know if the order flat out didn't get done, or they tried to do it as a stock order instead of retail and were hiding that or what, no clue.
I hate to say it, but she did not seemed to understand how to place an order.

Glad you were able to get your order in correctly. Time to sit back and enjoy the next few months before our trucks are delivered.

P.S. nice build, but you ordered the wrong color ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts