Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone else surprised to hear that the maverick has NO front proximity sensors for parking? For a vehicle designed greatly to be for urban setting I’m shocked on this. Tight parking ramps, parallel parking, etc and no notifications… Seems like we just went back 15+ years when these became pretty standard.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got a used Camry in at work and the dash had an error message. Found out the rear bumper was replaced with a standard bumper. No rear bumper sensors and harness. Will cost us over 1k in parts plus labor to get it up and running properly.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anyone else surprised to hear that the maverick has NO front proximity sensors for parking? For a vehicle designed greatly to be for urban setting I’m shocked on this. Tight parking ramps, parallel parking, etc and no notifications… Seems like we just went back 15+ years when these became pretty standard.
I’m sure you will be able to get it in package A,B,C,D,or E . It just depends on how deep your pockets are !

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think people are forgetting that this truck is considered a pioneer model for ford in this age. Pioneering the 'made to order', pioneering the small truck segment, pioneering the cheap entry price for the new generation of first time truck buyers, pioneering the EV Hybrid system. Having said that, we are all spoiled in terms of bells and whistles we think the car should have. For an entry truck the size that it is, for a $27,000 car, you can't have everything. Quite frankly, I think people will be just fine without front sensors given the fact that the MPG outshines everything else, and the general bang for the buck of the truck. I mean, come on...this is the first car I've bought sight unseen, untouched, untested, undriven, I could care less about whether I have a 12" screen or 8", Front sensors or back. As long as it lives up to it's promises, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not shocked at all. This is an inexpensive truck with a lot of stuff included at the XLT and Lariat levels. Given that it includes front collision warning and will literally stop us from hitting something at low speed, front 'parking sensors' seems redundant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m sure you will be able to get it in package A,B,C,D,or E . It just depends on how deep your pockets are !
Unfortunately it’s not an option on any level or package - part of the thing I found interesting. Aftermarket will be the only option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
duly noted but the squared off front shape should make getting used to its footprint very quick and easy.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It sure does contain proximity sensors. They're attached to the driver's head. And there's redundancy built in to the system with auditory collision warnings!

·
Registered
225 Posts
It sure does contain proximity sensors. They're attached to the driver's head. And there's redundancy built in to the system with auditory collision warnings!
I have an advanced collision warning system in the passenger seat, also called my wife. Even though I’ve driven well over 500k accident free miles. I just wish there was a way to turn it off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts