Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not to put in a Neg.. But I saw another dealer mention shipping free but as far as I remember he wasn't offering 4% off also so maybe it's a wash??

·
Registered
179 Posts
Also you had to finance through them (Long McArthur) and they're pricing MSRP + 299 admin. If you can get a local dealer to do courtesy delivery for ~$300 you're still likely coming out ahead with Chapman's offer.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep, I figured you guys had it down pat..... I'd do the same but I think the 2000 mile shipping would kill me

Reactions: ChapmanFordPhilly

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in VA and ordered through one of their Dealerships in PA. Chapman Ford of Horsham like 30 mins difference. Will be either taking a Plane or Train with the lady and making a weekend out of it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in VA and ordered through one of their Dealerships in PA. Chapman Ford of Horsham like 30 mins difference. Will be either taking a Plane or Train with the lady and making a weekend out of it!
My pappy always told me, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is." What's the catch with the chapman deal? One has to wonder what their allocation of Mavericks is. Will all of these orders be fulfilled before Mavericks are hitting lots? I was lucky and got on ordered at MSRP, plus $0 in extra fees from a small local dealer. Hopefully that strategy pays off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
My pappy always told me, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is." What's the catch with the chapman deal? One has to wonder what their allocation of Mavericks is. Will all of these orders be fulfilled before Mavericks are hitting lots? I was lucky and got on ordered at MSRP, plus $0 in extra fees from a small local dealer. Hopefully that strategy pays off.
Being the number one volume dealer in the Philadelphia Market means I have no problem fulfilling all orders.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I ordered one from Ed at Chapman and the experience has been a pleasure. This is my first time buying a car this way and Ed made it easy and saved me money.

If I were you move the order over to Chapman and save some money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered one from Ed at Chapman and the experience has been a pleasure. This is my first time buying a car this way and Ed made it easy and saved me money.

If I were you move the order over to Chapman and save some money.

Maybe I'm just jealous! I probably would if it didn't require flying to Philly and driving home. As others have mentioned, Philly IS worth the trip, but with 4 kids and no idea of when the thing will be built, I can't make that move to save $1500

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Maybe I'm just jealous! I probably would if it didn't require flying to Philly and driving home. As others have mentioned, Philly IS worth the trip, but with 4 kids and no idea of when the thing will be built, I can't make that move to save $1500
You can always see if a local dealer will do a Courtesy delivery for a fee. You get the savings and I drop ship the vehicle to that dealer. I suggest talking to their Fleet manager.

·
Registered
2004 Expedition
2 Posts
Ed, I'm 45 mins from you guys so if I can make this work, I'll be sure to head over. Any guess as to when you might see a Maverick on your lot? It's gonna be hard to convince my better half of a new vehicle without seeing it up close and personal...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Ed, I'm 45 mins from you guys so if I can make this work, I'll be sure to head over. Any guess as to when you might see a Maverick on your lot? It's gonna be hard to convince my better half of a new vehicle without seeing it up close and personal...
We arent expected to see them until Fall when they start to arrive for the orders placed. Shoot me an email to [email protected] I might have an idea.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Remember Fall starts in late Sept.... :) positive thinking!!

·
Registered
1990 Chevy S-10
8 Posts
Hi Everyone. My name is Ed Simpson. I am the Business Development Manager for Chapman Ford in Philadelphia.

I am now offering 4% under invoice for Maverick new reservations & transfers…plus tax/tags & $394 PA doc…

Feel free to dm/call/email me

[email protected]
215-608-0373

Chapman Ford of Philadelphia, 19114 is the zip code

No additional deposit required.

If you have already ordered through me you will also receive the 4% under invoice as well. You don't have to do a thing!
Hi Ed,
I saw your post on MaverickChat. I live about an hour and a half south of you in Havre de Grace, MD 21078. Not a bad trip at all. I have already ordered a hybrid Lariat, luxury, 360 from a Ford dealer near me. Price was $30,865. After all the fees and taxes its $33,642. However, I ordered it on June 22nd and still haven’t received any confirmation from Ford, just a couple of locally generated forms that the dealer is trying to pass off as a real order. After many emails, texts, phone call and in person visits I am just about ready to give up, get my $500 refundable deposit back and stick with my 1990 reliable Chevy S-10 which is still in good shape with only 114,000 miles.
If I order from you what would the price be and will I receive a confirmation email from Ford like so many others on the forum have? I am 71 and have never ordered a vehicle before. The only other Ford I have owned was a Mustang II which proved to be a terrible choice. I decided to give Ford another try because I want a new small truck that is more comfortable, safe and efficient.
Also, it would be more convenient to drive my s-10 there to trade in on the new truck rather than sell it myself. I have a recent offer of $2000 from my mechanic. Do you think you can match that offer? I am also wondering if you can transfer my MD tags.
I will appreciate any info you can offer.

Take Care,
Tim White

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hi Ed,
I saw your post on MaverickChat. I live about an hour and a half south of you in Havre de Grace, MD 21078. Not a bad trip at all. I have already ordered a hybrid Lariat, luxury, 360 from a Ford dealer near me. Price was $30,865. After all the fees and taxes its $33,642. However, I ordered it on June 22nd and still haven’t received any confirmation from Ford, just a couple of locally generated forms that the dealer is trying to pass off as a real order. After many emails, texts, phone call and in person visits I am just about ready to give up, get my $500 refundable deposit back and stick with my 1990 reliable Chevy S-10 which is still in good shape with only 114,000 miles.
If I order from you what would the price be and will I receive a confirmation email from Ford like so many others on the forum have? I am 71 and have never ordered a vehicle before. The only other Ford I have owned was a Mustang II which proved to be a terrible choice. I decided to give Ford another try because I want a new small truck that is more comfortable, safe and efficient.
Also, it would be more convenient to drive my s-10 there to trade in on the new truck rather than sell it myself. I have a recent offer of $2000 from my mechanic. Do you think you can match that offer? I am also wondering if you can transfer my MD tags.
I will appreciate any info you can offer.

Take Care,
Tim White

Hi Tim.
I can help you out. Please send me a direct email at [email protected] and please if you could patient with me responding. The response to this offer has been fantastic (THANK YOU EVERYONE) and I am getting back to everyone as fast as I can.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I submitted a request to you for a blue lariat before lunch. My phone automatically corrected the zip code the first time and my local dealer called in less than 1 minute.

Finally hit the expected dead end with him and sent a 2nd request to you with correct zip code.

I'm in laurel ms 39440. Plan to ride amtrak to you with my 84 year old Daddy and make a patriotic vacation out of the pick up.

Would one of your guys pick us up at amtrak and the 10 mile trip back would be the test drive?

Winter weather may be a considerable issue since us southerners can't drive in snow and ice lol. Don't know how long you could wait for me to come that way if the truck arrives just before a blizzard.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I submitted a request to you for a blue lariat before lunch. My phone automatically corrected the zip code the first time and my local dealer called in less than 1 minute.

Finally hit the expected dead end with him and sent a 2nd request to you with correct zip code.

I'm in laurel ms 39440. Plan to ride amtrak to you with my 84 year old Daddy and make a patriotic vacation out of the pick up.

Would one of your guys pick us up at amtrak and the 10 mile trip back would be the test drive?

Winter weather may be a considerable issue since us southerners can't drive in snow and ice lol. Don't know how long you could wait for me to come that way if the truck arrives just before a blizzard.

Hi Jonathan I can help you out for sure. Please email me directly at [email protected]!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts