Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have an answer yet ? I even called Ford Motor Company a couple months ago, and they still couldn't tell me anything, except to check back soon. Okay, so now that they are on the road, surely this info has been released.
It's funny, yesterday morning I had made a post asking what was the most efficient, solid bass I could make with only 500 wts..... (for my GF's, soon to get, new Ford Maverick truck)..... Then, last evening, while we were out in my "pretty darn nice" sounding Prius (not to brag, but I've honestly not heard a nicer sounding Prius, and doing rideshare, and hanging out at the airport, I've heard a lot of Prius') my GF asks, "So what are we going to put in my new truck for a stereo" ? I thought she would never ask ? :) lol So I told her again about my idea with the couple of Kicker Key Amps with built in auto adjusting DSP's (and a moveable subwoofer enclosure, which surprisingly, she didn't seem to have much of a problem with) .... These are only fused for 60 amps each, so that means they would likely only draw about 60 amps total for both of them, maximum under normal usage. Heck, to be quite honest, for "her normal usage", they might only draw 20 or 30 amps..... But I always like to model things under a "heaviest usage, in worst conditions" scenario. For myself it might be more like 70 or 80 amps of the 120 fuse rating ;)
Anyway, my Prius which has a "supposed max rating" of 30 amps, I'm running a 5 ch amp fused for 90 amps, and have never had a problem. This is only a little less than the two Kicker Keys, combined. I'd like to think the electrical system in the Maverick truck is just a little bit heavier duty than in a Prius.... But I need some actual numbers to compare...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts