Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda CR-V. Previously 1991 Ranger XLT new and 1995 Ranger, extended cab and *extremely* blue!
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been mourning the demise of the compact pickup for years, and saying if they’d bring back the real Ranger, I’d get one. So Maverick, here I come.
I do a lot of rescue dog transport over fairly long distances and am kind of tired of driving a $30k rolling kennel. I must have a good topper, with a pullout bed like ARE offers, so I can keep the kennel section to itself and still have a human-compatible car - but still open the window and get climate control back there. I think it’s going to work but can’t pull the trigger and order until I know for sure.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
122 Posts
I’ve been mourning the demise of the compact pickup for years, and saying if they’d bring back the real Ranger, I’d get one. So Maverick, here I come.
I do a lot of rescue dog transport over fairly long distances and am kind of tired of driving a $30k rolling kennel. I must have a good topper, with a pullout bed like ARE offers, so I can keep the kennel section to itself and still have a human-compatible car - but still open the window and get climate control back there. I think it’s going to work but can’t pull the trigger and order until I know for sure.
Fair enough. Rescues deserve a hospitable environment, many have been through a lot, and the added stress of transport doesn't need to be equally dramatic.
For the record, we've had three rescues in our home; one local, rescued from a hoarder; one from Virginia which we adopted via a shelter in Harrisburg, PA; and one from Kentucky, which we picked up from a volunteer's home a couple hours from ours. My hat goes off to those of you who volunteer so much of your time to rescue and care for the animals so-called civilized people discard and treat like rubbish. I hope you'll be able to find the perfect vehicle for your needs.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CR-V. Previously 1991 Ranger XLT new and 1995 Ranger, extended cab and *extremely* blue!
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough. Rescues deserve a hospitable environment, many have been through a lot, and the added stress of transport doesn't need to be equally dramatic.
For the record, we've had three rescues in our home; one local, rescued from a hoarder; one from Virginia which we adopted via a shelter in Harrisburg, PA; and one from Kentucky, which we picked up from a volunteer's home a couple hours from ours. My hat goes off to those of you who volunteer so much of your time to rescue and care for the animals so-called civilized people discard and treat like rubbish. I hope you'll be able to find the perfect vehicle for your needs.
Thanks! It’s really rewarding, every time, and I’m pretty sure the Maverick is going to work. Just waiting to be sure ARE or Ford get the right topper on the market.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
122 Posts
Thanks! It’s really rewarding, every time, and I’m pretty sure the Maverick is going to work. Just waiting to be sure ARE or Ford get the right topper on the market.
There's a photo of a Maverick w/ a topper on it, and somewhere recently I saw a video of that truck with it. Looks like a darn nice fit, too. So that likely isn't going to remain an issue, hopefully not for long, anyway.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a photo of a Maverick w/ a topper on it, and somewhere recently I saw a video of that truck with it. Looks like a darn nice fit, too. So that likely isn't going to remain an issue, hopefully not for long, anyway.
Yeah, I’ve seen that Ford photo, hope they get it out and share details soon. I won’t buy until I’m able to see and smell and drive it, and I’d like to have that part decided by then.

·
Registered
Lariat AWD, Area 51, Lux package
55 Posts
I also am a reformed Ranger owner. Had a ‘96 (first car!) a long time ago, and I’m looking forward to this Maverick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I put a 2.0 awd in iconic silver on order. Coming from a 2001 ranger, 3.0l, ext cab, xlt, silver, and 2wd. Hoping this will treat me as well as the ol ranger has.

·
Registered
13 Posts
.... ‘96 (first car!) a long time ago.....
That's cute. By '96 I had owned 6 cars, 2 of them purchased new. First car was a '71 El Camino, now if you talk about a wish I had vehicle. I'm 100% positive my Maverick wont have the power of that little truck, but I bet it will get better than the 7mpg.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's cute. By '96 I had owned 6 cars, 2 of them purchased new. First car was a '71 El Camino, now if you talk about a wish I had vehicle. I'm 100% positive my Maverick wont have the power of that little truck, but I bet it will get better than the 7mpg.
By '96 I was still two years from being born lol... This is my first truck and first new vehicle purchase at 23 years old... Hope I'm making the right financial decision. I love the old rangers and that's why I got so excited seeing this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
36 Posts
You’ll be fine. A good rule to live by financially is that the bank is your friend, just never let them share with you more than 50%. 😊. Might be hard, but you’ll be happier in the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts