Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I STARTED LOOKING FOR A MAVERICK TO BUY OR ORDER LATE IN THE GAME, ABOUT MAY 1ST. BY MAY 11 TH I FOUND A DEALER, ABOUT 90 MILES AWAY, THAT SAID HE MIGHT HAVE SOMEONE THAT ORDERED ONE ON DEC 28,2021. THE NEXT DAY, MAY 12TH HE CALLED ME BACK. THE FELLOW CANCELLED HIS ORDER AND PAID THE LEASE OFF ON HIS CAR INSTEAD. MAY 13TH I WAS IN THE ORDER BANK!. WE TOOK OFF VARIOUS CONSTRAINTS HOPING THE ORDER WOULD BE PICKED UP. ON JULY 24TH I CONCEDED THAT I WOULD PROBABLY END UP WITH A 23, WENT ONLINE TO REBUILD A TRUCK FOR 23 WITH ALL OF THE THINGS I ORIGINALLY. WANTED. AS I HAD DONE NUMEROUS TIMES I HIT THE AVAILABILITY BUTTON AND 4 SIMILAR TRUCKS WERE LISTED, 3 OF WHICH WERE SOLD,AND THE 4TH, LOCATED ABOUT 60 MILES AWAY, WAS STILL AVAILABLE, BEING ON A SUNDAY NIGHT I HAD TO CALL THE DEALERSHIP THE NEXT MORNING. THE TRUCK HAD BEEN LISTED ON HIS WEBSITE FOR A WEEK WITH NO SERIOUS BUYERS. I JUMPED IN MY CAR AND IN ABOUT 2 HRS I WAS ABOUT TO BE THE LUCKY OWNER OF A CHARCOAL GREY LARIAT 2.0 AWD, LUXURY PACKAGE, 360.!! DROVE IT HOME THIS LAST FRIDAY, JULY 29TH. A BIG THANK YOU TO JESSE DOVI, DOVI FORD OF CORTLAND NY! THE ONLY CAVEAT OF THE STORY IS THAT THE FELLOW CUSTOMER WHO HAD ORDERED THE TRUCK IN OCT 21, PASSED AWAY A WEEK BEFORE THE TRUCK CAME IN. THIS IS A BITTERSWEET STORY .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts