Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a test drive and was sold on the spot!

Just ordered (early October) an XL with AWD, 4k towing, co-pilot, alloy wheels, sunroof in carbonized gray from a dealer in the Ottawa area. Was actually able to negotiate an accessory credit. Dealer indicated they had an order allocation and indicated it would probably take 6 weeks to get a confirmation on the build. Now I am hearing from reviewers that the 2022 production has been sold out and there will be significant delays, 9 months or longer!

Wondering what order confirmation and build timelines other buyers have been told?

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts

Just ordered (early October) an XL with AWD, 4k towing, co-pilot, alloy wheels, sunroof in carbonized gray from a dealer in the Ottawa area. Was actually able to negotiate an accessory credit. Dealer indicated they had an order allocation and indicated it would probably take 6 weeks to get a confirmation on the build. Now I am hearing from reviewers that the 2022 production has been sold out and there will be significant delays, 9 months or longer!

Wondering what order confirmation and build timelines other buyers have been told?

View attachment 1807
I place and order with Donnelly Ford , June 23 , XLT It is in Production now with ETA of Nov 9.
I would like to know which Dealer in Ottawa has Maverick on show.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just ordered one today from a dealer in Alberta. XLT hybrid. They told me 10-12 weeks but more realistic 14-16 weeks. No talks on delays besides the Christmas shutdown. Fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ordered on Oct. 4th. A printout from the dealer shows a VIN number with the Primary Status "In Order Processing" and Secondary status has a "scheduled build date week of Jan. 03, 2022". Not sure what the difference is between Primary Status and Secondary status?

The Ford site shows the order is confirmed but not in production and no scheduled date is shown.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The order status has just changed to "In Production" and the Canadian Window Sticker has been generated. It may actually be build within the next week as originally scheduled.

The dealer had said shipping could take around 6 weeks. Anyone have any feedback on how long it took to ship their Maverick from Mexico to eastern Canada once it was built?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The order status has just changed to "In Production" and the Canadian Window Sticker has been generated. It may actually be build within the next week as originally scheduled.

The dealer had said shipping could take around 6 weeks. Anyone have any feedback on how long it took to ship their Maverick from Mexico to eastern Canada once it was built?
It took 4 weeks for my Maverick to arrive at my dealer, S. Ont, from the from the Hermosillo factory.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got through to the tracking site which confirmed the truck was built on Saturday Jan. 8th. While it has not shipped yet, the estimate delivery (Ottawa Ont.) date is Feb. 17th.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The truck was built on Jan. 8th and shipped on Jan. 10th. It just arrived in a very cold Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It arrived 3 weeks ahead of the tracking site estimated delivery date!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
11 Posts

Just ordered (early October) an XL with AWD, 4k towing, co-pilot, alloy wheels, sunroof in carbonized gray from a dealer in the Ottawa area. Was actually able to negotiate an accessory credit.
What where you able to get for an accessory credit ?

How do you find the mirrors in the Ottawa cold ?
I Currently have heated mirrors but it's looking like that won't be an option for the package I want. (XLT without Luxury)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What where you able to get for an accessory credit ?

How do you find the mirrors in the Ottawa cold ?
I Currently have heated mirrors but it's looking like that won't be an option for the package I want. (XLT without Luxury)
We used the accessory credit to get a discount on a tri-folding bed cover.

The mirrors are OK. Have only used the heated mirror function on other cars when they were covered with freezing rain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.