Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dealer says my order is live but I have not received a confirmation email. Should I be worried? The manager who puts in the orders was out sick today but he was the one who said my order is “live”

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ford & dealer communication needs to improve if Ford wants to move more to a retail order format.
My observations:
  • Order conformation email received 45 days after I placed the order in August 2021
  • I called my dealer last Wednesday morning to confirm that my 2022 wasn't scheduled. They said it wasn't
  • Went in Wednesday afternoon and ordered a 2023.
  • I asked about my "private offer" as I hadn't received any Ford email yet.
  • He left and came back and said that my 2022 was scheduled for next month. Gave me a VIN
  • I contacted Ford customer service to confirm. She did and gave me the same VIN
  • Still no scheduling conformation email from Ford.
Thank you for allowing me to vent.

The good news is I may get the Maverick before Christmas (2022 instead if 2021) :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I received my confirmation email really late last night. 10:30 pm. But I am happy I got my order in. Now I want to switch up from Carbonized Grey to Cactus Grey :ROFLMAO:
I have a vin # can I get better looking wheels than the ones I saw in the picture ........how or who do I call to ask my salesman said i cant it was 08-05-22 he told me to late

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ordered mine yesterday (9/19/2022) 604pm Central Time. (dealer then input after paperwork in)
Received email from Ford today (9/20/22) 248pm Central Time.
No order number, or VIN (will be after production scheduled?) but confirmation email from Ford.
So far, so good!
Your dealer should be able to provide you with the order number.

Correct. You will get a VIN assigned when it is scheduled for production.
It only took 19 months for me to get a VIN for my 2022 Maverick. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I still haven't received a confirmation email from Ford. Placed deposit in August, signed preorder (priority code 80) on Saturday. Order # given on Saturday. Dealer shows they switched to retail and priority code 19 on Monday. Ford chat says they can confirm order number and Dealer input on with priority code 19, but still no confirmation email. Tomorrow will be a week since it was input and Monday will be a week since they verified with no email. Also called 1-800-334-4375 New Vehicle Support Team and they also verified order is processing.

my fingers are crossed. They are lucky everyone seems to love the truck, because I don't see to many people thrilled with the ordering process.

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
208 Posts
I still haven't received a confirmation email from Ford. Placed deposit in August, signed preorder (priority code 80) on Saturday. Order # given on Saturday. Dealer shows they switched to retail and priority code 19 on Monday. Ford chat says they can confirm order number and Dealer input on with priority code 19, but still no confirmation email. Tomorrow will be a week since it was input and Monday will be a week since they verified with no email. Also called 1-800-334-4375 New Vehicle Support Team and they also verified order is processing.

my fingers are crossed. They are lucky everyone seems to love the truck, because I don't see to many people thrilled with the ordering process.
Did you give them a copy of your license for the COVP? You may not have done that at the beginning when they were doing a stock order instead of retail. Big Ford needs to verify and approve the COVP. It's also possible you missed the trigger for the confirmation letter due to the original being a stock order. But if everyone at Big Ford verifies your order as Retail and Priority 19, then you should be okay. Just make sure about the COVP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did you give them a copy of your license for the COVP? You may not have done that at the beginning when they were doing a stock order instead of retail. Big Ford needs to verify and approve the COVP. It's also possible you missed the trigger for the confirmation letter due to the original being a stock order. But if everyone at Big Ford verifies your order as Retail and Priority 19, then you should be okay. Just make sure about the COVP.

Thanks!

The dealer verified they had everything they needed for the COVP and they can't figure out why email didn't come through and neither could anyone at Big Ford...you are probably correct Saturday it was input as stock to verify build and price and then submitted without updating as retail. Monday it got corrected to retail and maybe that's the reason no email was sent. It's better than the zero idea response from dealer and from Big Ford.

I'll email dealership and verify they have everything for COVP on Monday again. I believe I heard order needs to be in, but the COVP gives dealers until October 5th. I don't know how accurate that is either. This group has been wonderful. Thank you!

·
Registered
2022 Cactus Gray Lariat Lux 360 Hybrid
208 Posts
Thanks!

The dealer verified they had everything they needed for the COVP and they can't figure out why email didn't come through and neither could anyone at Big Ford...you are probably correct Saturday it was input as stock to verify build and price and then submitted without updating as retail. Monday it got corrected to retail and maybe that's the reason no email was sent. It's better than the zero idea response from dealer and from Big Ford.

I'll email dealership and verify they have everything for COVP on Monday again. I believe I heard order needs to be in, but the COVP gives dealers until October 5th. I don't know how accurate that is either. This group has been wonderful. Thank you!
If you talk or chat with Big Ford, ask THEM about the COVP. It's nice that the dealer has the info. It just needs to go upstream. If it doesn't go up, is incorrectly filed, or not approved, that can determine whether your truck gets built down the road.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you talk or chat with Big Ford, ask THEM about the COVP. It's nice that the dealer has the info. It just needs to go upstream. If it doesn't go up, is incorrectly filed, or not approved, that can determine whether your truck gets built down the road.
Update Big Ford at customer service number 800.392.3673 (I found that number on another post here...thanks!) Verified retail order in my name and said they can verify it was put in but can't tell if all COVP was done. They also said that "many" do not get the email, and they can verify its "live" but still processing. I called dealer and they said it's all been put in and I should have gotten an email and they will confirm and call back...after they didn't I called and they said again that they show a live order and all information is in so I should have gotten an email. Ok so maybe that isn't an update at all just repeated what I've said before and what they have told me before.

Thank you all on this group for sharing the info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts