Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks! I’m Ty, and I just ordered my XLT 2.0 AWD in Area 51 with the luxury package and a couple other options. Very excited because I think this vehicle will fit our needs perfectly as a commuter, outdoors person, and constant house project DIYer. Hoping the vehicle shows up sooner than the dealer estimate.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD velocity 🔵
16 Posts
Hey folks! I’m Ty, and I just ordered my XLT 2.0 AWD in Area 51 with the luxury package and a couple other options. Very excited because I think this vehicle will fit our needs perfectly as a commuter, outdoors person, and constant house project DIYer. Hoping the vehicle shows up sooner than the dealer estimate.
Just ordered ours 2 days ago XLT velocity 🔵 AWD with a few goodies. I was told 3-7 months. Like you I'm hoping it will show up sooner

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD velocity 🔵
16 Posts
What planet is he from. I ordered Monday the XLT AWD & he told me 3-7 months.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm thinking on buying one from the dealers (in stock) instead of waiting for a whole year!
I place my order last week :cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
What planet is he from. I ordered Monday the XLT AWD & he told me 3-7 months.
I had two separate dealerships tell me by the end of the year. One dealer said they were getting the Ecoboost ones relatively quickly but were selling them before they hit the lot. I'm not holding my breath it will be here by the end of the year. Every dealer around me does have Ecoboosts on the lot but they are all spoken for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thinking on buying one from the dealers (in stock) instead of waiting for a whole year!
I place my order last week :cry:
I was about to take that bait but then saw the $5,000 mark-up to buy the in-stock vehicle vs. paying MSRP for ordering and waiting...indefinitely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had two separate dealerships tell me by the end of the year. One dealer said they were getting the Ecoboost ones relatively quickly but were selling them before they hit the lot. I'm not holding my breath it will be here by the end of the year. Every dealer around me does have Ecoboosts on the lot but they are all spoken for.
My dealer definitely gave me the whole "16 weeks, but we are seeing shorter timelines than that". Part of me is hoping it comes as a Christmas gift, but by no means am I holding my breath for that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was about to take that bait but then saw the $5,000 mark-up to buy the in-stock vehicle vs. paying MSRP for ordering and waiting...indefinitely.
THAT SUCKS! Looks like we don't have another option! :confused:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Since you ordered the Ecoboost engine there’s still a chance you might get scheduled for a build before Christmas. I’ve seen people get scheduled pretty quickly with an EB order. Right now with shortages it’s a dealer’s market. They are having a hard time keeping stuff on the lot because people are willing to pay over MSRP.

the two biggest currencies in life are money and time. Patience is key if you don’t absolutely need it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since you ordered the Ecoboost engine there’s still a chance you might get scheduled for a build before Christmas. I’ve seen people get scheduled pretty quickly with an EB order. Right now with shortages, it’s a dealer’s market. They are having a hard time keeping stuff on the lot because people are willing to pay over MSRP.

the two biggest currencies in life are money and time. Patience is key if you don’t absolutely need it.
That's very true!!

I've been watching videos about mavericks like for a month.. and I'm very excited about getting my Maverick soon!.

Reactions: Chris McD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: After a conversation with the dealership last week (just over two months from placing the order), Ford still hadn't picked up the order, and the estimated delivery changed to "we have no idea". Took a deep breath, canceled my order, and got my deposit money back.

I hope Ford can start delivering to customers a bit more promptly, even with consideration given to current supply chain issues. Or at least start offering more transparent expectations. They are really pushing ordering over shopping what is on the lot, but I feel like folks won't tolerate "maybe 3 months, maybe 7 months" for very long before they start turning to other brands (like me).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts