Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

I put in order for Maverick XLT hybrid last June - and have yet to hear anything whatsoever about a build date, VIN or anything at all really. This seems odd. What might be going on?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's just how it goes. I had an e.b. xlt on order since June 29. Just heard from ford a few weeks ago on a build date.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and no indication of even the order on my ford.com account -- seems at the very least they should have updated with the very existence of the reservation, but nope

have contacted the stealership - they claimed to have an order confirmation

·
Registered
14 Posts
Howdy all,

I put in order for Maverick XLT hybrid last June - and have yet to hear anything whatsoever about a build date, VIN or anything at all really. This seems odd. What might be going on?
Not unusual at all. I ordered in June as well, and heard nothing for months. Luckily, mine is now "In Production" but silence from Ford, and your dealer, is not uncommon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
and no indication of even the order on my ford.com account -- seems at the very least they should have updated with the very existence of the reservation, but nope

have contacted the stealership - they claimed to have an order confirmation
Did you receive an email from Ford saying they received your order? if not your dealer dropped the ball and is lying to you or you could get a build date anytime.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not unusual at all. I ordered in June as well, and heard nothing for months. Luckily, mine is now "In Production" but silence from Ford, and your dealer, is not uncommon.
Back in October, received e-mail about the FITS kits we're supposedly to get - but nothing relating to a specific order.

And suppose could hear from Ford eventually, but seems weird they don't at least put something to show the actually existence of an order.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Back in October, received e-mail about the FITS kits we're supposedly to get - but nothing relating to a specific order.

And suppose could hear from Ford eventually, but seems weird they don't at least put something to show the actually existence of an order.
It does seem odd in your case, but a huge wildcard in this whole hybrid game is dealer allocations. If your dealer had a bunch of 2.0 orders and very few allocations, that can put you way behind since Ford delayed the hybrids and don't differentiate between EB and hybrids for allocations.
Your dealer sure as heck could give you more info though, let you know where you fall in the pecking order.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does seem odd in your case, but a huge wildcard in this whole hybrid game is dealer allocations. If your dealer had a bunch of 2.0 orders and very few allocations, that can put you way behind since Ford delayed the hybrids and don't differentiate between EB and hybrids for allocations.
Your dealer sure as heck could give you more info though, let you know where you fall in the pecking order.
Yeah, the allocation factor could very be a root cause - the dealership is kinda small (relative to other Ford dealers in the general area)

·
Registered
338 Posts
My dealer is very small as well. I was the very first order they placed. The second order they placed was due a stock unit the same day. They have now already delivered 3 other trucks and have (had?) their stock unit in. My truck is supposedly in shipment.

If you got the email from Ford about the fits kit then you are in the system as a confirmed hybrid order, so I wouldn't worry a whole lot. Maybe double check to see if the other Ford mails are going straight to spam or trash?
Or the dealer could certainly give you your order number and you could call the Ford Maverick customer service phone number with that number and dealer etc to verify your order and also ensure they send future email build updates to the correct address.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered in June as well (Lariat hybrid Lux with moon roof) no build date yet, just part of the process. Have to wait for allocations.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow. That almost has to have been scheduled unless your dealer doesn't have any allocations yet. I'd definitely want to ask the dealer for a copy of the order and ROVP.
What is an ROVP?

·
Registered
40 Posts
To the OP, I have the exact same truck on order. My local Ford dealer (who did not place my order) tells me that the spray-in bedliner is the delay. On the newer orders these were changed to drop-in bedliners.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
To the OP, I have the exact same truck on order. My local Ford dealer (who did not place my order) tells me that the spray-in bedliner is the delay. On the newer orders these were changed to drop-in bedliners.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
I've also heard that they send the vehicle off-site to have it done then have it shipped back, so more shipping bottlenecks. The cars are probably stacking up at the bed liner place so your vehicle status remains at "in production" forever.
I'll bet they saw $$$$ and didn't want to turn it away even though they had no more production capability and over promised.
Along with that Ford is trying to scramble to get Hybrids built along with all the other delays but have had to keep feeding the liner guys work all along with Ecoboost models.... it must be a logistics nightmare down there right now with little production issues stacking up all because of the new "factory" spray in liner. I'm happy to have it, but from a logistics standpoint it probably should have been reserved for first edition models only.

·
Registered
192 Posts
it must be a logistics nightmare down there right now with little production issues stacking up all because of the new "factory" spray in liner. I'm happy to have it, but from a logistics standpoint it probably should have been reserved for first edition models only.
I would've been happy if Ford partnered with Line-X to have it done after delivery

Reactions: bkhockey

·
Registered
29 Posts
Howdy all,

I reserved my XLT Hybrid 7/9/21. No build date yet. Dealer (West Hills Ford Bremerton Washington) has had zero contact and has not replied to my emails. Ford Marketing says as of yesterday my truck is still reserved. I’d suggest you call 800 334 4375. Ford Marketing. They’ll at least check your status. BTW. My ex lives in Vegas. She ordered her XLT Hybrid in mid August. Got her build date Monday this week. Don’t know what priorities they’re using. But if and when I get my truck. They’re gonna get the mother of bad feedback on their crappy handling of the Maverick program.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts