Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As like everyone else, Ford sent me to dealerships close to me. I completed my order and paid $500. I feel like it will be hard to negotiate price when they will have the exact one I want, so going to another dealer will be a challenge. Anyone been through this before? Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
As like everyone else, Ford sent me to dealerships close to me. I completed my order and paid $500. I feel like it will be hard to negotiate price when they will have the exact one I want, so going to another dealer will be a challenge. Anyone been through this before? Thanks
Any negotiations should have taken place before they took your down payment and ordered your truck.
That said, there is very little to give away on this truck at this time. Most will pay very close to invoice. There are a few dealers who are willing to deliver and offer a small discount under invoice (3%?), but it does not seem worth the drawbacks to me such as local service and potential warranty concerns handled with a smile.
I did get a guarantee from my dealer that if any extra incentives do come up between now and when my truck arrives, they will apply those to the price quoted/agreed upon. I don't expect any, but I wanted to be sure just in case. I think that's all one can hope for in the case of an all new vehicle.

We will have to see how popular this vehicle is in the next year or so. If enthusiasm falters, we could see some dealing going on. If not, I'd expect to see MSRP going up on this little truck.

·
Registered
2017 Escape, 2017 Ram 1500
77 Posts
Any negotiations should have taken place before they took your down payment and ordered your truck.
That said, there is very little to give away on this truck at this time. Most will pay very close to invoice. There are a few dealers who are willing to deliver and offer a small discount under invoice (3%?), but it does not seem worth the drawbacks to me such as local service and potential warranty concerns handled with a smile.
I did get a guarantee from my dealer that if any extra incentives do come up between now and when my truck arrives, they will apply those to the price quoted/agreed upon. I don't expect any, but I wanted to be sure just in case. I think that's all one can hope for in the case of an all new vehicle.

We will have to see how popular this vehicle is in the next year or so. If enthusiasm falters, we could see some dealing going on. If not, I'd expect to see MSRP going up on this little truck.
I believe it was right on the Ford website where it specified you may have the right to choose the incentives at time of purchase; either those which were available when you placed your order, or those which are available at the moment. That is actually kind of nice to know if you looks at the current rates which could always change in a couple months.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe it was right on the Ford website where it specified you may have the right to choose the incentives at time of purchase; either those which were available when you placed your order, or those which are available at the moment. That is actually kind of nice to know if you looks at the current rates which could always change in a couple months.
Are interest rates considered "incentives"? I wouldn't think so. I would expect incentives to include things like military rebate, student rebate, trade-in bonus, etc. It doesn't make sense that they would offer you a choice of which interest rate you would want (if rates go up between now and when the orders arrive).

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's an incentivized interest rate because Ford Motor Company is paying Ford Financial for less interest passed on to you. That's mostly the 0% APR type rates. 2% for 60 mo etc. a dealer can probably find for you if not yourself through a credit union.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts