Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
162 Posts
Maybe, just maybe, we who be still waiting for our "we are building" notice might have the benefit of such things addressed by then??? Ya think????

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I fear the opposite. That they'll be pushing out as many as they can as fast as they can so they can switch to the '23s
Yea, understand. In 1968 I learned a valuable lesson while working at a Ford dealership as the detailer of new cars and was starting to also work for the Parts Department.
We got a shipment of cars. One was a 1968 Fairlane V-8 ordered for a customer. The salesman of the car got in it to drive it to me. He started it, put it in gear, stepped on the throttle, and it went immediately full throttle! (Remember, a carburetor with linkage)
He shut it off. It was pushed into the shop where with many of us standing around wondering what the deal was they found out the engine was not bolted down!
The mechanic looked at the production date on the door tag and told us "never buy a car with a Monday or Friday production date. They were either in a hurry to get it done on Friday or on Monday forgot what had not yet been done!"
I bet that still happens, and if they "hurry" the 22's to get going on the 23's (I am sure the dealerships are saying "make sure we get some 23's to sell on the lot at jacked up high prices"), the 22 MY we are still waiting for may ....:eek::oops:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Paint bubbling is an indication of improper preparation of the vehicle for painting and indicates something in the form of a substance the paint cannot adhere to which generally means failure to properly prep, kind of like the paint jobs we could get many moon ago for 29.95 where they wiped the car down with some sort of cleaner with no sanding prep and sprayed and after your "warranty"period of a month or two was up, "tough titt.." It is a factory problem, and I WOULD, to the nth degree, fight it for that, on a new vehicle, is absolutely unacceptable.

·
Registered
162 Posts
BTW, welcome to the new era of the attitude of many toward NOT doing what my father who was a teenager during The 1930's Depression taught us; "I don't care what you do, even it is sweeping the city streets, you do it as though you are Michael Angelo painting the Sistine Chapel."

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wonder if this mainly a problem with the colors that are heavily metallic. In the past anyway it was both tougher to work with and tended to not want to adhere as well. Makes me maybe glad we are getting a white MY.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Doh! This looks like an impact, but I'm still shocked and appalled at how easily this paint chips.

I have a 16 year old Kia Spectra that hasnt been garaged in over a decade. It doesn't have a single chip in the doors.

Question: anyone think it's possible I can use bubbling paint on one section of the vehicle to make a claim on the entire paint job (maybe somewhere around 35,999 miles)?

It seems to me that clear evidence of improper prep/application on one location might suggest the same deficiencies elsewhere?

Im not a paint expert. Im not a motor vehicle warranty expert either.

Im not looking for a free lunch I just want my paint to stay on the vehicle. Is that too much to ask?

View attachment 4016
It looks to me, in this pic, that the metallic in the paint did a bit of pooling and is not evenly distributed, and maybe the paint itself slightly ran.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts