Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at my tailgate today... paint looks like it's got soft bubbles in it. They're small and flexible/malleable.

What gives? I counted 3 of them in the crease of my tailgate. At least it's in a non visible area.

Colorfulness Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Wheel

Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Material property Tints and shades

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doh! This looks like an impact, but I'm still shocked and appalled at how easily this paint chips.

I have a 16 year old Kia Spectra that hasnt been garaged in over a decade. It doesn't have a single chip in the doors.

Question: anyone think it's possible I can use bubbling paint on one section of the vehicle to make a claim on the entire paint job (maybe somewhere around 35,999 miles)?

It seems to me that clear evidence of improper prep/application on one location might suggest the same deficiencies elsewhere?

Im not a paint expert. Im not a motor vehicle warranty expert either.

Im not looking for a free lunch I just want my paint to stay on the vehicle. Is that too much to ask?

Red Tints and shades Peach Magenta Carmine

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually the paint is bubbling on multiple panels in multiple areas.

What is the correct resolution? Can/should I ask for a total repaint?

I have to be honest... even if they repainted the truck id be pretty salty about it. Doesn't repainting lower resale value? And is there any guarantee the repaint would be fare better? And of course there is the risk of further damage as they remove all the trim pieces.

Can anyone provide any guidance on this? Never had a problem with paint on a car before with so few miles (4,912) delivered in April.

Automotive lighting Petal Food Water Liquid

Automotive exterior Wood Tints and shades Magenta Bumper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts