Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We ordered a Lariat Hybrid on Nov. 2 and have gotten the couple of emails from Ford about continuing delays. I just called Ford about the order to see if they had any other information.

I asked if the Ford support person if he had any idea when our truck might go into production - this spring, or summer, or this year at all, or pushed to 2023. He had no answers.

He confirmed that new orders would be allowed starting sometime this summer. I asked if there was a chance they would just cut off the initial round of orders at some point and we'd be just left having to place a new order for a 2023, and he said his sources said probably not. But that I would 'love my Maverick when we get it' and this would 'all be worth it.'

I'm not hopeful that we'll be getting this truck now.

·
Registered
Area 51 XLT hybrid ordered 11/9/21
210 Posts
I ordered in Oct and received a confirmation email the next day and nothing since.

I have always owned Fords, but no more. No customer loyalty at all.
If they don't have the parts, they cannot produce the truck - period. If 100 other companies were in the same boat, NONE of them would be able to deliver. Not about customer loyalty at all!

·
Banned
67 Posts
If they don't have the parts, they cannot produce the truck - period. If 100 other companies were in the same boat, NONE of them would be able to deliver. Not about customer loyalty at all!
You are spot-on. Ford Motor Company is in the same situation as all the other vehicle manufacturers. Global supply-chain issues crippling production. Global transportation bottlenecks slowing deliveries. Not an issue of loyalty; an issue of reality that many refuse to face.

·
Registered
XLT, ecoboost, AWD, Lux, 4k Tow, FX4
11 Posts
Nope, you are both wrong on this topic.

Ford should have in place a way to communicate with order holders on the status of their order.

Doesn't matter to me now, I just pulled in the driveway in a new Santa Cruz.
Did you cancel your Maverick order? Or gonna stick it out and compare the two and decide which to keep when you do finally receive the Mav?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Nope, you are both wrong on this topic.

Ford should have in place a way to communicate with order holders on the status of their order.

Doesn't matter to me now, I just pulled in the driveway in a new Santa Cruz.
Would you feel better if once a week you got an email saying over and over again: "Your order update: no change" ???

·
Banned
67 Posts
Would you feel better if once a week you got an email saying over and over again: "Your order update: no change" ???
Excellent point. I don't get the overwhelming need (being often expressed) to micromanage the production and delivery of this vehicle. I have been able to confirm that I have an order and it certainly would be helpful if I had some reasonable notice of when it gets shipped. The dealer will call me when it arrives. I will soon thereafter show up and drive it home, That will the full extent of my involvement.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This, I don't get these people, they want to be coddled and made to feel special. Sorry, you're not special. Level headed people can understand the state of global affairs. I'm waiting too and I haven't called Ford at all or my dealer......people are ridiculous

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will probably buy the Maverick and flip it to CARMAX for some extra cash.

I sold our Accord that we bought in Nov 19 to CARMAX for $30,400. I paid just under 30k OTD when we bought it.

Asking the status of a 30k purchase is not entitled or coddled. It is business.

When I ordered the Maverick last year, I knew that I needed it by 1 Jun 22, 15 Jun 22 at the latest.

Ford can't provide me with an expected delivery date, so I took my business elsewhere.

I bought my first new car in 1980 and have bought around 20 new cars during my life, most of them Fords.

I think that I will be happy with the Santa Cruz. The 281hp/311tq is awesome, the bed is really nice and has lots of storage, more usable backseat room for my dogs and the infotainment system beats Ford hands down. The 5yr/60k bumper to bumper warranty, 20yr/200k powertrain warranty and 3 years free maintenance are all standard and a nice bonus.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Asking the status of a 30k purchase is not entitled or coddled. It is business.

When I ordered the Maverick last year, I knew that I needed it by 1 Jun 22, 15 Jun 22 at the latest.

Ford can't provide me with an expected delivery date, so I took my business elsewhere.
I agree - Ford messed up with the amount of orders and should of closed them a long time ago
waiting 10+ months for a car is not normal and we hear nothing from ford - just generic corporate bs

when I ordered in July I was told to expect it by november-ish

yes there's a pandemic and parts shortages but they should be focusing on the suppliers and getting the first orders out
but instead people who order different trims/engines in January are getting their trucks in 2 months :rolleyes:

·
Banned
67 Posts
I agree - Ford messed up with the amount of orders and should of closed them a long time ago
waiting 10+ months for a car is not normal and we hear nothing from ford - just generic corporate bs

when I ordered in July I was told to expect it by november-ish

yes there's a pandemic and parts shortages but they should be focusing on the suppliers and getting the first orders out
but instead people who order different trims/engines in January are getting their trucks in 2 months :rolleyes:
Unrealistic expectations breed disappointment. By the way, there are no buyers getting their Mavericks in 2 months. Shipping alone is taking 2 weeks to a month (or more).

·
Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
120 Posts
Under normal circumstances I am sure they would, but given the way things are supply wise and the way far too many people are today I would think Ford would not want to be sending out weekly emails telling someone "your Maverick should be in production on ..." and then when the date passes once or twice someone saying "you told me ... and now I am suing you."
Like in Michigan the owner of a standard transmission jeep owner that had it in for service at a dealership and the guy the dealership let service the vehicle did not have a drivers license and did not know how to handle a standard transmission and let the clutch out while it was in gear and it hit another mechanic and killed him and because of certain laws the man servicing it and the owner are being sued for 15 million.
I understand them saying nothing until they have a pretty positive date.
I must admit I don't understand why mine that has none of the things they are claiming is the reason for the delays isn't being built while some with those delay items and was ordered after mine are. It is confusing. Plus, my 2003 Grand Cherokee is racking up the miles and wear and tear!

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I ordered early November, I was told the back order was 5 months; in other words, those that got theirs then ordered 5 months orior. But like you've seen on investments something like "past performance is no guarantee of future results", ordering is the about the same.

Under normal circumstances in 1995 when I ordered my bare bones (except for cruise control, A/C, and cloth seats) XL F-150, it took 3 months. I don't recall how long it would take, if they told me.

·
Registered
Ordered a white XLT 2.0 FWD with mats and hitch receiver, that's it!
120 Posts
Under normal circumstances in 1995 when I ordered my bare bones (except for cruise control, A/C, and cloth seats) XL F-150, it took 3 months. I don't recall how long it would take, if they told me.
This is first time we have ever ordered a car. Our previous four new ones were on the lot of that dealer or one they got it from. Back in the 1970's when I worked at a ford dealership parts dept. I am fairly sure it did take a few months for a special order, unless it was really odd, like one a guy would bring in for us to service, a 1966 I think Galaxie 4 door hardtop with a 390 and a 4 speed and I think a positrack rear end or a Fairlane Thunderbolt. Those took a while!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts