Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went back and fourth between a XLT and Lariat hybrid. My conclusion.....get the Lariat . I figured the extra cost of a Lariat will balance out with the $$ you will save on gas. Plus you will retain better resale value for a future sale.

Lariat hybrid
Velocity blue
Luxury package
Want it now!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok….when deciding to spend $4k more on a Lariat, my thought was go for it since I will be saving A LOT on gas. If you end up saving $900 a year on gas , then over the 4 years….getting a Lariat will pay for itself. Hope that explains a little better. I’m basically figuring in the gas savings into the purchase equation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ford only allowed Hybrid 2.5L and Ecoboost 2.0L in XL and XLT trim. Lariat switches to 2.0 Ecoboost, which kind of sucks, but that's okay, I can live without AWD or the FX4 etc. I was only interested in the Mav Hybrid, as I'm sure many Canadians are as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd have went with the lariat trim but I really disliked the seat color offered. Of there had been another color option (same similar to the colors of the XLT) I would have upgraded to the lariat.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went Lariat because the Hot Wheels track orange of the XLT was upsetting me. Even if a lot of that can be pulled out it's still on the doors, vents, and stitching. If I could have had the XL interior with the XLT package I'd have done it. I do dig the tan of the Lariat and wish it was all over but I am willing to suffer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I went Lariat because the Hot Wheels track orange of the XLT was upsetting me. Even if a lot of that can be pulled out it's still on the doors, vents, and stitching. If I could have had the XL interior with the XLT package I'd have done it. I do dig the tan of the Lariat and wish it was all over but I am willing to suffer.
A lot of 4 year plus newer cars has an orange type stitching in the seats and accent colors around vents, etc. It's isn't that hideous. You might end up liking it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok….when deciding to spend $4k more on a Lariat, my thought was go for it since I will be saving A LOT on gas. If you end up saving $900 a year on gas , then over the 4 years….getting a Lariat will pay for itself. Hope that explains a little better. I’m basically figuring in the gas savings into the purchase equation.
I still don’t understand. A hybrid xlt gets the same mpg as a hybrid lariat. How do you save money?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm Canadian and really wanted the hybrid so I'm limited to the Xl or XLT. I've ordered the XLT in Alto Blue. I really wanted Rapid Red but I'm not going to wait for a First Edition nor do I want a saddle tan/blue leather seats in a red truck. I also want leather interior because I need to be able to easily clean the seats with a quick wipe down. So, I've ordered an XLT and will wait for Katzkin to get on board and offer leather seat skins in any color I want. The color combinations are endless. The cost for Katzkins are half the cost of the Lariat upgrade.
Ford, I hope you're reading this. Brown/blue interior colors don't go with most of your exterior colors. Maybe they do if your a teenager and maybe you should have offered these radical color combinations in a different version. Neutral color interiors like graphite and black should have been the norm. Maybe boring, but I'm sure it would have helped sell more trucks.
That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its really up to if you think the Lariat will have more resale later or if you really want the features it provides. Outside of that, if you are wanting to save money, just go XLT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I still don’t understand. A hybrid xlt gets the same mpg as a hybrid lariat. How do you save money?
This is no difference in mpg between the hybrids! The difference is between the price of the XLT vs the Lariat. Basically what I’m saying is (for me, in my decision making) over a 4 or 5 year span , the money saved in gas costs will have paid for the extra money needed to jump into the Lariat trim level.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts