Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to keep all that plastic trim looking factory fresh and black. I've heard differing opinions on products like "Armor-all". I just used some tire dressing called "Chemical Guys" on my wifes Tuscon, worked great. Just wondering if there's another solution.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What is the best way to keep all that plastic trim looking factory fresh and black. I've heard differing opinions on products like "Armor-all". I just used some tire dressing called "Chemical Guys" on my wifes Tuscon, worked great. Just wondering if there's another solution.

Before you think > Oh, that's too expensive, hear me out. Its expensive, because its truly professional stuff, intended for shop use, and as such, can only be bought in 1 gallon jugs. AND, that is concentrated so it will make at least 3 or 4 gallons of product. But this stuff it just awesome ! Its water based, so its not highly toxic. It smells great, like something fruity, so its great for all vinyl, plastic, or rubber interior trim... and you can drench your tires with it. It takes a bunch for the big tires on my F150, but since I have gallons of the stuff, I'm not worried about it) Soaks in, and dries well. After 15 minutes on your tires, it will dry to the point that it won't sling off all over your vehicle.
Long story short, for all 3 of our vehicles, used on both inside and out (but mostly my truck tires :) a 1 gallon jug lasts a couple years. Cant recommend this stuff enough !

No, I'm not sponsored by them, but I think I should be :) lol They need to give me my next gallon for how much I push them !

·
Registered
68 Posts
Before you think > Oh, that's too expensive, hear me out. Its expensive, because its truly professional stuff, intended for shop use, and as such, can only be bought in 1 gallon jugs. AND, that is concentrated so it will make at least 3 or 4 gallons of product. But this stuff it just awesome ! Its water based, so its not highly toxic. It smells great, like something fruity, so its great for all vinyl, plastic, or rubber interior trim... and you can drench your tires with it. It takes a bunch for the big tires on my F150, but since I have gallons of the stuff, I'm not worried about it) Soaks in, and dries well. After 15 minutes on your tires, it will dry to the point that it won't sling off all over your vehicle.
Long story short, for all 3 of our vehicles, used on both inside and out (but mostly my truck tires :) a 1 gallon jug lasts a couple years. Cant recommend this stuff enough !

No, I'm not sponsored by them, but I think I should be :) lol They need to give me my next gallon for how much I push them !

Hmmm, it specifically says use on non-painted rubber and plastics.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think most of the plastic on the Maverick is unpainted, no ?
I agree, most of the plastic on the Maverick is unpainted from what I have seen. The lighter plastic with carbon flecks definitely isn't painted, as well as all the outer trim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
From what I have seen and heard in some of the videos and such on the Maverick, all the plastic is Molded In Color, meaning they are the same color all the way through and not painted just on the outside. So the trim protectant/ shine you have will probably work just fine on it. I like to use Mothers Preserves on all my interior plastics, vinyl and leather, works great and smells great. Probably similar to what you use.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've mentioned this before, but in other threads, or on the other forum...
"IF" that plastic ever becomes faded and funky, or if you get tired of putting gloss treatments on it, just clean it very well with a strong degreaser, spray it with Bulldawg adhesion promoter, then hit it with the automotive paint of your choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts