Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all!

The good, my XLT is scheduled for build next week…ordered September 9th, the bad my ordering dealer thinks a $5000 to $10000 markup is a good idea.

Please stop/do not pay these markups. As long as we keep paying, the dealers will keep hitting us with them. This dealer was no upfront with me, actually misleading. Please bombard Ford with complaints, it’s got to stop.

I am waiting on a call back from Ford Marketing to find out if they are going to intervene, little hope. This whole ordeal feels like identity theft (the dealers are using us to get dealer stock), or holding our trucks hostage, fully knowing if we do not pay the huge markups, there is someone more than willing to pay $10000 to $15000. It’s a sad world right now.

If others have seen this and been able to beat it please let me know. I have the time a build, shipping and a few days to actually take delivery or I throw in the towel. Any reorder now is a minimum 2023.

Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
What i am planning to do, when the time will come is to go in when i get called, record the conversation and then post the recording in media (FB, twitter, etc.) and then I will give the recording to the TV stations. They are waiting for the hot subjects

·
Registered
35 Posts
One more thing: For those of you that put a $500 to $1000 down payment... If the car is marked up, why don't you ask for $5000 to $10000 return. They will laugh, but hey a judge might consider an action against them. They hold your money for so long, they have to pay something in return

·
Registered
453 Posts
Harley Davidson dealers have been doing the same shit for years . To fix the problem buyers need to Walk Out , be patient and buy at the very end of the year , buy a three yr old lease that’s clean with low mileage . And look for a honest dealership even if its further away from your home .

Also remember if these bad dealers are willing to rob you on the sales floor they will most likely be willing to rob you at the service counter. Just look at Outrageous prices they charge for the dealer add-ons .

And don’t let the excitement of buying a NEW vehicle cloud your buying decisions . Because there’s nothing worse than buyers remorse a month later when you have to make that first payment !

·
Registered
83 Posts
Evening all!

The good, my XLT is scheduled for build next week…ordered September 9th, the bad my ordering dealer thinks a $5000 to $10000 markup is a good idea.

Please stop/do not pay these markups. As long as we keep paying, the dealers will keep hitting us with them. This dealer was no upfront with me, actually misleading. Please bombard Ford with complaints, it’s got to stop.

I am waiting on a call back from Ford Marketing to find out if they are going to intervene, little hope. This whole ordeal feels like identity theft (the dealers are using us to get dealer stock), or holding our trucks hostage, fully knowing if we do not pay the huge markups, there is someone more than willing to pay $10000 to $15000. It’s a sad world right now.

If others have seen this and been able to beat it please let me know. I have the time a build, shipping and a few days to actually take delivery or I throw in the towel. Any reorder now is a minimum 2023.

Thanks Guys!!
if you truly get screwed then you and maybe some of your family members or buddies need to get some picket signs and state what's going on and walk in front of the dealership driveways (keep on public property of course...), that will either get some potential customer's attention or some news outlet's attention. And feel free to pass out literature that details exactly what happened - you put down the deposit and the dealer essentially commandered your vehicle and is trying to exploit the situation and that yes, indeed this can happen to them espeically those who are wanting to put a deposit down on a Lightning. Also detail how FORD is going nothing to help you - and point out that this is their new marketing strategy - to allow customers to order directly - but that they in no way guarantee the end price. Do this enough across the country and we'll soon see this nonsense stop because not all PR is good PR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Every dealer by me is doing it. Do research. I found my model / options in multiple colors all within ~50 miles of me. When we the consumer play that card they say blah blah blah and we the consumer say "thank you for your time", smile and say, no worries, I like color (xx) better than yours anyway. Dealer 1 dropped 10k before I hit the door. got in in writing said I'll think about it. Dealer 2 reluctantly matched it. They bank on most people don't have time or patience for this.. for 5 or 10k I've all the time in the world!
My family and friends ask me to help them buy all the time. collectlvely purchased or help purchase over 100 rides. Before our new world economy there were dozen more things dealers hide from us. Sadly msrp is the new norm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts