Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it truck enough? Ford won't say much about the new 2022+ Maverick pickup, we'll have to wait for the official unveiling, but from what we've seen so far, do you think they did enough? If not, how else can it realistically be more of a pickup truck?

Here are some points to consider:
"Unlike the Ranger mid-size pickup, which is available in SuperCrew and SuperCab body styles, the compact Maverick is expected to sport only the latter setup. That means four real doors and a reasonably spacious rear seating area. Alas, it also means the Maverick is likely to offer just one rather stubby bed length.

For most pickup buyers, though, the Maverick's small-ish bed should do the trick. It wouldn't surprise us if Ford cribs a thing or two from the Honda Ridgeline, as well, and fits the little pickup's cargo box with an under-floor trunk, too.

Although we expect the Maverick to haul and tow reasonably heavy loads, we doubt it'll top or match the Ranger's maximum payload and towing capacities of 1,860 and 7,500 pounds, respectively. We wager the Maverick's payload and towing figures will fall closer to those of the Transit Connect van, which manages to haul a maximum of 1,550 pounds and can tow up to 2,000 pounds."

·
Registered
93 Posts
Is it truck enough? Ford won't say much about the new 2022+ Maverick pickup, we'll have to wait for the official unveiling, but from what we've seen so far, do you think they did enough? If not, how else can it realistically be more of a pickup truck?

Here are some points to consider:
"Unlike the Ranger mid-size pickup, which is available in SuperCrew and SuperCab body styles, the compact Maverick is expected to sport only the latter setup. That means four real doors and a reasonably spacious rear seating area. Alas, it also means the Maverick is likely to offer just one rather stubby bed length.

For most pickup buyers, though, the Maverick's small-ish bed should do the trick. It wouldn't surprise us if Ford cribs a thing or two from the Honda Ridgeline, as well, and fits the little pickup's cargo box with an under-floor trunk, too.

Although we expect the Maverick to haul and tow reasonably heavy loads, we doubt it'll top or match the Ranger's maximum payload and towing capacities of 1,860 and 7,500 pounds, respectively. We wager the Maverick's payload and towing figures will fall closer to those of the Transit Connect van, which manages to haul a maximum of 1,550 pounds and can tow up to 2,000 pounds."
Based on the specs alone it should be plenty of truck for me. Hopefully I feel the same way whenever it gets revealed and I see it in person.

·
Registered
1 Posts
no, I would be okay with a Supercab, with a 6 foot bed. Not interested in a smaller bed. You know, there are about a zillion 10+ year old Ranger regular cab pickups, with 6 foot beds, still in service as delivery trucks, and I think Ford would be missing out on replacing them if they insist on only having a crew cab. Add 4x4, some decent convenience and powertrain options, and I'd probably get one. I have an F-250 crew cab and don't need or want another crew cab!

·
Registered
93 Posts
no, I would be okay with a Supercab, with a 6 foot bed. Not interested in a smaller bed. You know, there are about a zillion 10+ year old Ranger regular cab pickups, with 6 foot beds, still in service as delivery trucks, and I think Ford would be missing out on replacing them if they insist on only having a crew cab. Add 4x4, some decent convenience and powertrain options, and I'd probably get one. I have an F-250 crew cab and don't need or want another crew cab!
I've been think about whether or not Ford launches the supercab Maverick first and then during the reveal or at a later date announce that a 2-door model will be coming after.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it could be in the cards.

Fords primary focus is probably to secure a base of people wanting a regular style pickup. These should make up the majority of buyers.
Then target the crowd wanting a workhorse version that's far more utilitarian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts