Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Chevy S-10
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been buying new cars for over fifty years and have never ordered one from the factory. I usually shop multiple dealers and bargain for the best price and service. I was surprised that my initial order through the Ford "build your own" on June 19th was sent to the closest dealer and then I had to sit down at the shop to make the "real" order and pay $500 for the privilege. Unfortunately, the young salesman failed to include my email on the order and the dealership has reportedly been unable to attach my email to my order. Therefor, I have no communication at all from the factory. After sending copies of the notices received by folks on this forum, the dealer finally sent a copy of the DORA which shows June 22nd as the received date. Since then the salesman has failed to answer texts and/or emails. He always has a lame excuse when I finally get in touch with him. The sales manager has been equally unhelpful.
The bottom line is that I have become discouraged. The dealer and salesperson obviously know that I don't want to start this process all over again with another shop. I honestly think that they are hoping I will cancel the order so they will have my car (hybrid, lariat luxury, Area 51) for stock that they can mark up. I recently sent messages with questions about having splash guards and a bed cover installed at their shop... no reply again. I would think that they would want to make some more profit from these accessories.
I don't like feeling powerless. It seems like they think they are doing me a favor by letting me give them $30,000 for this untested vehicle. I am not going to get down on my knees and beg them for information. I am seriously considering spending a few thousand to replace the shocks, rotors and bench seat on my otherwise great 1990 Chevy S-10 to make it a more comfortable ride, and just walking away from the Maverick. Maybe it's because I am an old guy, but I don't like rewarding people with a sales commission when they have done almost nothing to earn it. They hold all the cards and the deck seems to be stacked. I don't need this truck and I certainly don't need the aggravation. I thought ordering a vehicle would be less hassle than all the running around and bargaining. I was obviously wrong.
So, I am wondering if anyone else feels this way. Anyone else out there who is about ready to bail? Every time I have to interact with the salesman or the dealership the Maverick loses a bit more of it's shine.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
61 Posts
I suggest using their change of command and politely discussing your concerns with their superiors. Request a new “contact person” and communicate with that person via email. It is faster and provides a written record with a time stamp of the conversation.

My experience has been the exact opposite with Chapman Auto Group. Emails are answered quickly, and the process is transparent.

Hang in there because your build is coming soon, and after you have your Maverick, you will not need to deal with them again.

·
Registered
1990 Chevy S-10
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could try finding a dealer you like, providing them a copy of your confirmed build order from Ford, and asking them if they can have Ford re-assign the order to them.
I hadn't thought of that. I will try it. Why not? Nothing beats a try like a failure.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I switch dealers.... My Lariat is with the first one(6/17 confirmed) and the XL AWD is with the new one(7/27 confirmed and Scheduled for 10/25)....and it's scheduled now...
Both dealers have their problems.... My first is like yours... the second one responds faster( a day or two) but is an ass.
If I end up with both trucks...I'll sell one myself before I'll let either of them jack the price up from MSRP

Reactions: Tim21078
1 - 5 of 5 Posts