Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I placed a 2022 cactus grey hybrid xlt luxury package with, sliding window, splash gaurd, ford 360 and rubber floor mat back in August 2021.
I just heard it's built and ready to clear customs. When I checked the window sticker it have a different price for luxury package, base price for truck and ford 360. Initially I remembered ford said they will honor the original price signed then, WHICH they did for my 2022 XL. Now the other dealership, who took the xlt order, saying no I will be charged the new rate but I will get a check from dealership in couple weeks after delivery the difference. But that means we are going to pay higher sales tax and if we are financing, have to finance according to new bill of sale price.
Any thoughts or advice ??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,
I placed a 2022 cactus grey hybrid xlt luxury package with, sliding window, splash gaurd, ford 360 and rubber floor mat back in August 2021.
I just heard it's built and ready to clear customs. When I checked the window sticker it have a different price for luxury package, base price for truck and ford 360. Initially I remembered ford said they will honor the original price signed then, WHICH they did for my 2022 XL. Now the other dealership, who took the xlt order, saying no I will be charged the new rate but I will get a check from dealership in couple weeks after delivery the difference. But that means we are going to pay higher sales tax and if we are financing, have to finance according to new bill of sale price.
Price Protection – Retail Price Protection guarantees the original price level of the vehicle, as long as it is reported sold to the original ordering customer (stock vehicles are not eligible). Price Protection covers both the base, option and destination and delivery (D&D) prices of the vehicle and will automatically be paid approximately 45 days after the vehicle is reported sold to the same customer for whom the vehicle was ordered. Price Protection retail policies apply to U.S. orders only.
--- there does seem to be some ambiguity in this but yeah you might get stuck paying up front and MAY get a rebate later. That document looks to have some holes in it - it refs price protection if you used one of Ford's purchase plans and then says 'may'..doesn't say a whole lot if you did not use a plan. I think as long as you get the original price you'll have to pony up the upfront difference and eat the additional tax which is lousy of course but there's not an easy way around it : "AXZD-Plans If a vehicle was ordered prior to the announcement of a price increase, it may be eligible for Price Protection. Dealers may mail a reimbursement check to customer or decrease the vehicle’s selling price. If the dealer decreases the price, it must be documented on the AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement Form. If the customer was reimbursed via check, the dealer must keep a copy of the reimbursement in the deal jacket. "

·
Registered
2022 maverick Lariat
31 Posts
Hi,
I would call Ford 1 800 334 4375 You will pay what the price was when you ordered the truck. The window sticker shows what the price was when the truck was built. (Higher price) Don't trust the dealer to reinburse you. Let Ford handle it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would call Ford 1 800 334 4375 You will pay what the price was when you ordered the truck. The window sticker shows what the price was when the truck was built. (Higher price) Don't trust the dealer to reinburse you. Let Ford handle it!
I did and ford said yes the dealership should honor the price at the time of booking and they will send the difference to the dealership. But if certain dealership may have a different policy like they charge upfront and they will mail the check to the customer after couple months for the difference when they get the refund, there is nothing they can do. Sadly we have to pay the difference upfront and the additional sales tax for that amount. This is what Ford marketing department told me today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts