Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse my ignorance with this pricing stuff. I am not sure why the $1,085
difference when checking the XLT Hybird vs 2.0 Eco boost?
The dealer told me today that the latter will be $3305 extra
I probably read the whole thing wrong.
BTW the dealer said he would give me Invoice price but I wanted
to get this pricing correct. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
It's $1085 for the Ecoboost engine in FWD. It's an additional $2220 for the AWD drivetrain. So $3305 in total for an AWD Ecoboost versus the Hybrid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's $1085 for the Ecoboost engine in FWD. It's an additional $2220 for the AWD drivetrain. So $3305 in total for an AWD Ecoboost versus the Hybrid.
Hey thanks. This makes a bit of difference but I am still going to order.
Think I will check another PA dealer who is offering less than invoice.
Ed

·
Banned
43 Posts
Ed
Call Ed Simpson in Philly, great guy to work with on orders and pricing no hassles at all

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ed
Did you tell the salesman that you WANT all wheel drive? It's up to you if you need it or not, but the salesman shouldn't be assuming that you want a $2,220 upgrade. That seems shady to add that on (and not explain the price jump) if it wasn't requested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you tell the salesman that you WANT all wheel drive? It's up to you if you need it or not, but the salesman shouldn't be assuming that you want a $2,220 upgrade. That seems shady to add that on (and not explain the price jump) if it wasn't requested.
Contacted Chapman Ford in Horsham. No I did want AWD. Just me not reading
correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ed
I changed dealers to Chapman and will have it drop shipped in Florida. You can't go wrong with Tom. He and Steven are great to deal with. Invoice less 4%

·
Registered
49 Posts
I changed dealers to Chapman and will have it drop shipped in Florida. You can't go wrong with Tom. He and Steven are great to deal with. Invoice less 4%
I'd be looking for add on fees. Do you really think that a dealer will sell for less than supposedly their cost? I got my XLT 14oo bucks off but it's because I have a nephew that works for Ford and he gave me one of his pins for family and friends. Otherwise I would have paid MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd be looking for add on fees. Do you really think that a dealer will sell for less than supposedly their cost? I got my XLT 14oo bucks off but it's because I have a nephew that works for Ford and he gave me one of his pins for family and friends. Otherwise I would have paid MSRP.
Here is his post on another thread. Call him if you are a non-believer.

Hi everyone...I’m Tom…also a member of Bronco6g, Bronco Sport Forum, Mach E forum, & F15014gen Forum…

I am offering 4% under invoice for Maverick new reservations & transfers…plus tax/tags & $394 PA doc…

Dont worry...if you placed an order with us thru the Forum, ill update you to 4% under invoice....

Feel free to dm/text/email me

[email protected]
215-410-2210

Chapman Ford of Horsham, 19044 zip

No deposit required

·
Registered
49 Posts
Here is his post on another thread. Call him if you are a non-believer.

Hi everyone...I’m Tom…also a member of Bronco6g, Bronco Sport Forum, Mach E forum, & F15014gen Forum…

I am offering 4% under invoice for Maverick new reservations & transfers…plus tax/tags & $394 PA doc…

Dont worry...if you placed an order with us thru the Forum, ill update you to 4% under invoice....

Feel free to dm/text/email me

[email protected]
215-410-2210

Chapman Ford of Horsham, 19044 zip

No deposit required
The PA doc fee is a little high. I would still bet there's something he's not telling you. I can see getting close to an invoice price if it was a stock unit and they wanted to move some vehicles on their lot. What about financing or trade ins? Is something suspicious there?

·
Registered
180 Posts
For perspective these dealers already have 200+ orders in through them. They're likely making it up on the back end from the bonuses from Ford for volume.

·
Registered
71 Posts
For perspective these dealers already have 200+ orders in through them. They're likely making it up on the back end from the bonuses from Ford for volume.
Invoice includes 'holdback' and sometimes 'advertising' fees which holdback always goes to the dealer post sale, but the manufacturer holds until then, and advertising I think can go either way. Basically the invoice has about 400-1100 of wiggle room in it before they are losing money, and that is before accessories, add-ons, special warrantees, etc. So they are probably selling to you at the absolute floor of their money on the vehicle itself, not quite under it. I would be the idea is to both draw in a large amount of the volume from Ford of the Maverick so they get priority, as well as statistically are more likely to sell more add-ons, etc. Plus its a great opportunity to bring in sales from out of state that are more rare on a model that is stocked across the lots.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yes, dealers can sell below invoice, if it increases their allotments and their manufacturer kickbacks. They are expecting this to be a high demand vehicle. So, if a dealership sells 50 Mavericks each for $1,000 below invoice, they will likely get allotments for another 50-75 stock units that they can likely sell for a couple thousand over MSRP. And then they'll get high kickbacks from Ford for selling so many units. And don't forget dealer holdbacks. Invoice price includes a dealer holdback that Ford pays to the dealership for each unit sold. I haven't seen an invoice, so I don't know how much it is on the Maverick, but I suspect the holdback either covers or almost covers the 4% discount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts