Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Kansas city and work at a supplier for the the ford plant here that produces the Transist. They just announced that next week they are shutting down for at least one week maybe more. They just came back two weeks ago from a 1 week unscheduled shutdown. They also produce the F150 here and they just had an extended shutdown. Anyone hearing if the plant that makes the maverick is having the same issues? I'm worried this supply chain issue is only going to get worse before it gets better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No, apparently this isn't so far impacting Maverick production. I think the chip shortage is kicking the auto industries collective asses right now. I think that last number I seen was they are like 10 million vehicles of lost production at this point because of chipsets. I think that is world wide, but in the US that number is like 5 million.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I live in Kansas city and work at a supplier for the the ford plant here that produces the Transist. They just announced that next week they are shutting down for at least one week maybe more. They just came back two weeks ago from a 1 week unscheduled shutdown. They also produce the F150 here and they just had an extended shutdown. Anyone hearing if the plant that makes the maverick is having the same issues? I'm worried this supply chain issue is only going to get worse before it gets better.
Todays news is about word wide supply chain issues. I think not only is this going to cause dellivery delays but if your truck is going to be built several monts from now it may also increase the MSRP. The cost right now and delays for parts is skyrocketing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts