Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see if I ordered the Lux Package my Maverick would be equipped with one outlet in cab and one in bed. I opted not to get Lux Package but ordered the option for outlet in cab. My question: Can the outlet in the bed be ordered through parts dept. and would I need a second inverter for the install or just use existing bed wiring. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see if I ordered the Lux Package my Maverick would be equipped with one outlet in cab and one in bed. I opted not to get Lux Package but ordered the option for outlet in cab. My question: Can the outlet in the bed be ordered through parts dept. and would I need a second inverter for the install or just use existing bed wiring. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks
In my opinion only time will tell. I plan on taking the 400 watt inverter out and adding a 750 in its place so yippeee!!! LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
All this inverter talk is cool but that's just going to zap the12v/ battery in the non/hybrid unit- Are they doing some kind of alternate deep cycle thing ? lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
All this inverter talk is cool but that's just going to zap the12v/ battery in the non/hybrid unit- Are they doing some kind of alternate deep cycle thing ? lol
The Inverter and physical outlet (120V) maybe special OEM by Ford. Could be an Integral package.
In other words the inverter and outlet/receptacle one piece. Just guessing here.
It would be nice to just replace the 400watt one to a higher one but there might also be limits
on the room.
You could run a laptop and thermo-cooler and still have some power left over.
Btw: I ordered the XLT with that option. In my other life I was a electrician so why not?
Ed

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Inverter and physical outlet (120V) maybe special OEM by Ford. Could be an Integral package.
In other words the inverter and outlet/receptacle one piece. Just guessing here.
It would be nice to just replace the 400watt one to a higher one but there might also be limits
on the room.
You could run a laptop and thermo-cooler and still have some power left over.
Btw: I ordered the XLT with that option. In my other life I was a electrician so why not?
Ed
But what capacity 12 V battery are they shipping with ? Need to power my blender + big screen and then have enough juice to you know like actually start- lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
So when using the power inverter in a vehicle you have to have the vehicle running. Yes you can use it without it running but you are gonna need one hell of a battery for that. So recommend running vehicle while using. Like I posted earlier if possible ill be swapping out the 400 watt for a 750 or 1000 watt inverter due to needs that I will have for this vehicle. So im hoping the alternator system can handle the upgraded inverter cuz if not ill be upgrading the alternator aswell.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You would probably be better to abandon the 400w and install whatever you want. A larger inverter will need much larger wiring feeding it, especially if it is very far from the battery-voltage drop will be an issue. A 1000w inverter will pull nearly 100 amps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts