Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with an XLT with premium package, after you remote start the truck using the key fob, what do you do with the key when you enter the running truck? Do you insert the key and turn it to the on position? I haven't had a key to contend with for many years.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So with an XLT with premium package, after you remote start the truck using the key fob, what do you do with the key when you enter the running truck? Do you insert the key and turn it to the on position? I haven't had a key to contend with for many years.
According to the owner's manual, yes. But the owner's manual is weird in many ways. What it says on page 123 is "The vehicle remains secured when you have remotely started the vehicle. A valid key must be inside your vehicle to switch the ignition on and drive your vehicle."

·
Registered
15 Posts
XLT Premium does not have push button start, so you will need to insert the key. Lariat has push button, and will only need the key within the vehicle to drive off, since you cannot put a key into a physical slot. I'm pretty sure it's proximity bluetooth, because to alter or register the key fob, it has to be in the vehicle (Lariat).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts