Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XLT with premium package and Lariat come with remote starting with the key fob. Can I leave the air conditioner on, remotely start the vehicle, then get into a vehicle which has been cooled down? The same for the heater -- On those cold days can I leave the heat on, remote start the vehicle, then get into a warm truck?

Not sure if this works with a hybrid!

-Thanks

Registered
The XLT looks like it has single zone auto climate (digital temp setting) so it will attempt to meet that temperature requirement (whether hot or cold). The Lariat has dual zone, but same principle.

Registered
You have to make sure the A/C or heat is on before you shut down the car. It will remember the last setting you had it on, otherwise it defaults to the Defrost Auto setting.
I thought there was a setting to choose what you wanted, not just leave it on or off. Maybe leaving it on or off is the "setting"? lol

Registered
I thought there was a setting to choose what you wanted, not just leave it on or off. Maybe leaving it on or off is the "setting"? lol
I believe if everything is off, and you remote start it, it reverts to the factory set 'auto' setting which in the winter is defrost, and in the summer is fan. the A/C is only turned on if you leave the A/C on for memory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts