Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Odd request: with the rear seats up, how much room from the rim of the plastic cubbies to the ceiling? Also the width of the rear area when the doors are closed. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to know the following:

a) are the active X seats simulated leather, or does it have leather seating surfaces? If fake leather, how does it look and feel?
b) can you put an active 10 yo in the back seat and ask him if there is enough room?
c) is the cyber orange really yellow?
d) are there any ac vents in the back seat?
e) does the engine have to be running when using the 400w invertor, and if not, how long can you run the 400w without running down the battery?
f) when are they planning on coming out with a vibrant green?
g) when are they planning on coming out with the tent kit?
h) if you get to drive one, does the 2.0 FWD have noticeable torque steer?

Thanks
I would like to know (e) also

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’d like to know the height and width of the Ford oval on the grille please. Also, If there is a Lariat there I’d like to know the diameter of the wheel center button caps. Thanks!
Yes! Same here. I would love to be able to order black overlays prior to receiving the maverick.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Odd request: with the rear seats up, how much room from the rim of the plastic cubbies to the ceiling? Also the width of the rear area when the doors are closed. Thank you!
Yes! Same here. I would love to be able to order black overlays prior to receiving the maverick.
Note that the
Note that the front oval likely contains the traffic and adaptive cruise control sensors.
Good question

·
Registered
194 Posts
Like I said in the last post you made, I want to know if it feels like a truck. My biggest concern is it is going to feel TOO compact and not like a truck.
and I’ m hoping it drives more ‘car-like’! ….and feel less truck like. Since so many men are afraid of the small bed, DON’T want hybrid, and wants a whole lot of power under the hood, I dont think this particular trucker is going to suit them at all. The Maverick was intended for young people, seniors on a fixed income, women, local deliveries, yard work, trips to beach/mountains/desert, Vega$ turn-around, pool-cleaning biz, painters, carpet cleaners, yard sales and the like. Ford has said it’s these type of buyers it is looking for…particularly those who have never felt the need for a truck and is buying their first one. In the past i has two Toyota ‘mini’ trucks and loved them….would go months w/out ever using the long beds for anything…..so Maverick will be fun to have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just saw pictures of where they are putting the front plate for the Bronco and don't like what I see. Can you look or ask where the front license plate is going to go for the Maverick? Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Just saw pictures of where they are putting the front plate for the Bronco and don't like what I see. Can you look or ask where the front license plate is going to go for the Maverick? Thanks!
Will definitely be asking this question. Being from Utah, we also require front license plates. However, I've never put one on a vehicle. I hate the way they look and refuse. Lucky for me, in Utah it's not a reason for a traffic stop. If they stop you for speeding and want to tack on a fine for not having a plate on the front, they can but that can not be the only reason for the traffic stop. Only ever been stopped twice and no one said anything. Check your state laws. Maybe you can skip it too.

·
Registered
2018 F150 XLT 2wd 2.7EB
25 Posts
Judging from questions so far, you’ll be kept quite busy at the show data gathering…

My questions (most related to towing/payload info):
  • My most important – take and post a picture of the driver door jamb yellow/white stickers, so for whatever drive and engine type/trim the truck is (2.5l hybrid, 2.0l FWR or 2.0l AWD) we get an idea of actual payload, GVWR, GAWR (front and rear). We all know 1500 lbs is stated MAX payload but I’ll be more than surprised if it’s 1500 lb. actual across all drive/engine/trim types, that’s not the case with F150 or Ranger. We know GCWR ratings from the prelim. Maverick Towing Guide (that will be updated in Sept. according to Ford) but have nothing at all in print on real GVWR ratings.
  • If there’s a Hybrid with optional trailer hitch receiver – crawl under the back and take a picture of the hitch receiver info label (the one that lists max. gross trailer weight and max. tongue weight). We know from the tow guide the 4k tow package (option code 53Q) is 4000 lb/400 lb and is a 2” Class III receiver, but the Hybrid hitch receiver option (code 60B) appears from pictures to also be 2” but falls firmly in the Class I (2000 lb. max.) trailer class, which is typically a 1-1/4” receiver, so I’m confused. I’d expect the Hybrid receiver (60B) to be 2000 lb/200 lb but who knows? Might be important for those planning Hybrid purchase and adding bed extender, cargo carriers, receiver-mount truck cranes etc. to the hitch receiver, need to know what you’ll be working with.
  • For a Hybrid or AWD with hitch receivers – distance from channel center to ground (to get a rough idea on how much hitch ball drop or rise might be needed for different trailer applications).
  • Dash info display - depending on trim level, can you call up actual digital transmission temperature? From Hybrid interior pics I’ve seen the dash info display doesn’t even have a trans temp idiot-type gauge, just engine temp and fuel. Not sure what the 2.0l engine with or without 4K tow package productivity screen shows. My ’18 F150 XLT has a trans temp idiot gauge, and you can scroll through display menu to show actual trans temp. Not sure if any Maverick trim with Sync3 will offer this.
  • Dash info display – regardless of whether Hybrid or 2.0l, can you scroll through and call up TPMS tire pressure display for all 4 tires?
  • Flooring – do all trim levels really come with carpeting? I know others on this site claim they all do but I’m skeptical. I know you can option carpeted floor liners but that’s not my question.
  • Bed – with a tape measure, distance from bed floor to top of bed rail. Like others will be looking at putting a soft tonneau on the bed and will want to know size limitations for what I could put in bed and still close the topper for those rainy days.
  • Tailgate – when using the key fob to lock the doors, will it also lock the tailgate?
Enjoy your show visit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
  • Flooring – do all trim levels really come with carpeting? I know others on this site claim they all do but I’m skeptical. I know you can option carpeted floor liners but that’s not my question.
I covered this earlier in this thread- maybe you missed it?

I work for a Ford dealership, but I pester the Maverick Marketing dept weekly. Their response on the flooring, "Carpeting & Carpeted floor mats are std on base XL."

·
Registered
7 Posts
If carpeting is standard on XL, maybe the Lariat would have vinyl or an option to upgrade to vinyl.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If carpeting is standard on XL, maybe the Lariat would have vinyl or an option to upgrade to vinyl.
Nope. I ordered a Lariat. No vinyl flooring options anywhere in my ordering system. No vinyl flooring in the Maverick for 2022.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Would be interested to know if on the lower front bumper rectangles where a fog light should go are separate covers or entirely molded into the bumper.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thought of another question:
I'd love to know definitively if the Maverick will get the BlueCruise update later this year. I see that it's available on the '21 Bronco, so I kinda expect it to also be available here.
Bluecruise isn't on the Bronco or Maverick

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you saw my previous post, you know I am going to the 2021 Chicago Auto Show to see the Mav in person. I figured I would ask if anyone had questions that you would like me to ask or specific "quirks and features" <---(if you know, you know) you would like pictures of. Post your questions here and I will try to compile a list to ask them when I am there. I'll also try to get as many photos and videos as possible.
I would really like to know:

1. What is the estimated mileage on the Lariat AWD Ecoboost (not hybrid) engine fully loaded with options (not towing anything).
2. When and if they will be coming out with an AWD hybrid? That's what I really want, but ordered anyway on June 9 as I was am so excited about this truck.
3. My son is 6'4" tall. Can he drive it without hitting his head?
4. When will they have a tent that works with the tailgate down? (Perhaps with the bed extender in place to deter critters from jumping up?)
5. Can the back window be made big enough for an average-sized person to crawl through without compromising integrity? I know some people install bigger openings after market. Toyota Tundra is the only truck I know that has entire window that opens.

Thank you! Take the architectural boat tour on the river in Chicago if you've never done that. Interesting and different thing to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have seen some questions about the overall height. Some seem to think the height of the maverick includes the antenna which makes it 68.7 inches tall. If this includes that antenna this truck will be shorter than the overall rangers. Can you confirm this in person?

Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have seen some questions about the overall height. Some seem to think the height of the maverick includes the antenna which makes it 68.7 inches tall. If this includes that antenna this truck will be shorter than the overall rangers. Can you confirm this in person?

Thanks
I can confirm it now. ;-)
From the Maverick Marketing team: "The Vehicle Height @ 68.7 inches includes the antenna base. The removable part of the antenna (skinny flexible mast adds 5.5 inches)"

21 - 40 of 47 Posts