Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once one has gone to dealer and submitted order to salesperson and paid the $500 deposit —what is the average time before salesperson should be contacting me to confirm the order is in?
I asked salesperson point blank that very question and he evaded giving me an answer. I dont want to bug him if i know it takes a while. I turned it in on Monday, July 19.
I felt he was glad to see me leave due to my asking quite few questions.
I’m getting XLT w/ Co-Pilot ( only because want a manual slider) and LUX pkg. and Slider.. $26,815.
I mentioned since both Co—-Pilot & Luxury pkg. both come with full-sized spare tire— I expected to receive two spares ..he and the his boss were unable to understand why I was stating that! …said they would be contacting Corporate as the pkgs shouldn’t be that way.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Once one has gone to dealer and submitted order to salesperson and paid the $500 deposit —what is the average time before salesperson should be contacting me to confirm the order is in?
I asked salesperson point blank that very question and he evaded giving me an answer. I dont want to bug him if i know it takes a while. I turned it in on Monday, July 19.
I’m getting XLT w/ Co-Pilot ( only because want a manual slider) and LUX pkg. and Slider.. $26,815.
I mentioned since both Co—-Pilot & Luxury pkg. both come with full-sized spare tire— I expected to receive two spares ..he and the his boss were unable to understand why I was stating that! …said they would be contacting Corporate as the pkgs shouldn’t be that way.
Why did you give him the order if he evaded answering one of your questions?

salesmen don’t get any better post sale

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why did you give him the order if he evaded answering one of your questions?

salesmen don’t get any better post sale
I wanted to get the order submitted as its going to be long slog before we ever receive them…probably early 2023.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my confirmation from Ford before I got home from Dealer and I paid no deposit and have not heard or contacted dealer since, so far. They did quote me the A-Plan price, but I do not have to have the PIN until time of delivery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this a joke? Are you serious? Those are the questions I would ask you if I was the Dealer. If you didn't get the email from Ford you need to check your Spam/Junk folder.
FYI, you will only be receiving 1 single spare tire.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I wanted to get the order submitted as its going to be long slog before we ever receive them…probably early 2023.
Hi Mav-trunklet. I hope you read this.
I write the following to make some observations and pose some really difficult questions to you. I am not trying to be a smarty pants nor am I trying to denigrate you in any way, but I think you really need to take a step back and truly assess your purchase decision.
I've read many of your posts, and many seem to question what you expect from a vehicle none of us have seen. That's not really an issue, we all have those concerns, though you seem to be more ill at ease with the opinions shared, though none of us really know.
You seem to be very happy with your Hyundai Ionic. So why not buy the Hyundai Santa Cruz? This is a serious question, not a flippant defensive attack. The expected MPG of the hybrid Maverick is 37 combined which I fully expect it to be capable of. But that's a far cry from what you've said you get now (mid 50's if I recall?). So in the end, I think you'll be disappointed in the fuel economy. At that point, why not buy a brand your comfortable with?
You don't seem to be happy with the dealership experience. This is a larger red flag to me. All new vehicle almost certainly some teething issues, bad dealer = unhappy customers.
I'll just cut to the chase and say I think you're setting yourself up for a vehicle you hate no matter what?

From what you've posted:
Reliability worries
Fuel economy worries
Build quality worries
E-CVT characteristic issues
Technology issues
Tire issues
Dealer issues
Color choice concerns
I'm sure I've missed some.

That's the vibe I'm getting. And if that's the case, maybe wait a year, or at least until you can drive one to better know what it will be. The rest of us are happy to be guinea pigs and test the thing out for you.
But please do ask yourself.... Do you really want one of these given the concerns you have, are you trying to simply stave off your eventual disappointment?
That's a tough question for us all. I answered it as soon as I ordered.

If I'm way off base, I apologize. Carry on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I write the following to make some observations and pose some really difficult questions to you. I am not trying to be a smarty pants nor am I trying to denigrate you in any way, but I think you really need to take a step back and truly assess your purchase decision.
I've read many of your posts, and many seem to question what you expect from a vehicle none of us have seen. That's not really an issue, we all have those concerns, though you seem to be more ill at ease with the opinions shared, though none of us really know.
You seem to be very happy with your Hyundai Ionic. So why not buy the Hyundai Santa Cruz? This is a serious question, not a flippant defensive attack. The expected MPG of the hybrid Maverick is 37 combined which I fully expect it to be capable of. But that's a far cry from what you've said you get now (mid 50's if I recall?). So in the end, I think you'll be disappointed in the fuel economy. At that point, why not buy a brand your comfortable with?
You don't seem to be happy with the dealership experience. This is a larger red flag to me. All new vehicle almost certainly some teething issues, bad dealer = unhappy customers.
I'll just cut to the chase and say I think you're setting yourself up for a vehicle you hate no matter what?

From what you've posted:
Reliability worries
Fuel economy worries
Build quality worries
Technology issues
Tire issues
Dealer issues
Color choice concerns

That's the vibe I'm getting. And if that's the case, maybe wait a year, or at least until you can drive one to better know what it will be. The rest of us are happy to be guinea pigs and test the thing out for you.
But please do ask yourself.... Do you really want one of these given the concerns you have, are you trying to simply stave off your eventual disappointment?

You read this woman to a T

·
Registered
118 Posts

From what you've posted:
Reliability worries
Fuel economy worries
Build quality worries
Technology issues
Tire issues
Dealer issues
Color choice concerns

I think you said what many of us have been thinking

·
Registered
1 Posts

From what you've posted:
Reliability worries
Fuel economy worries
Build quality worries
Technology issues
Tire issues
Dealer issues
Color choice concerns

I made an account just to like this comment. Been reading for weeks and I love this forum minus 187 posts on it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Imagine thinking you would be entitled to two (2) full size spare tires? Dealerships and sales people are tricky enough, don’t want to antagonize them unnecessarily.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't want this to turn into any kind at bash thread. People are entitled to buy whatever they want.
But, I've seen time and time again where people start out with those types of questions, buy the car they don't want, v and then complain endlessly and try to get the vehicle bought back on a " Lemon Law" because the dealer can't fix the door handles that 'don't work' the way they want them to our some other minor thing that maybe would have been noticed before purchase. 🙄

I really wanted her to rethink her position. Instead it seems she decided to go to the "other" forum and rename herself Max. After advertising it as a superior forum here. Interesting.
So far all posts there are butterflies and roses and I truly hope she's happy. Even more so, I hope she can love her Maverick for what it is, not hate it for what it was never meant to be. I have my doubts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't want this to turn into any kind at bash thread. People are entitled to buy whatever they want.
But, I've seen time and time again where people start out with those types of questions, buy the car they don't want, v and then complain endlessly and try to get the vehicle bought back on a " Lemon Law" because the dealer can't fix the door handles that 'don't work' the way they want them to our some other minor thing that maybe would have been noticed before purchase. 🙄

I really wanted her to rethink her position. Instead it seems she decided to go to the "other" forum and rename herself Max. After advertising it as a superior forum here. Interesting.
So far all posts there are butterflies and roses and I truly hope she's happy. Even more so, I hope she can love her Maverick for what it is, not hate it for what it was never meant to be. I have my doubts.
Apparently the honeymoon is over, she is back to complaining about the manual sliding rear window requiring 360.

Man we really need some real news about the Maverick, it seems we are in a lull now and this lady is our entertainment 😂😂😂

Also, your points were very thorough and thoughtful, very therapist-like.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

From what you've posted:
Reliability worries
Fuel economy worries
Build quality worries
Technology issues
Tire issues
Dealer issues
Color choice concerns

Thanks for your reply.
I do NOT have a Hyundai Ionic but rather a Kia Niro which does have avg 51/52 MPG and i love the car. But I’m fully aware of the huge hit in mpg’s i will be experiencing with the Maverick…..di’d you really think I’m not able to read specs and figure that out? I simply want a new vehicle because the Niro is now 4.5 yrs old and I want a ‘shiny new toy’! I can easily afford to pay more for fuel. i do not care for the look of the Santa Cruz as compared to Maverick. IF i wanted one I’d not be on this forum…I’d buy one from Hyundai. As for the uncertainty of buying a brand new model vehicle….yes I do have concerns because I know Fords do not not ahve a track record of reliability that say, Toyota does...and if Toyota was offering a compact Tacoma for example, I’d buy one for sure. But they aren’t so I’m willing to take a chance on the Maverick…..mainly because it’s a relatively cheap truck that I would not have too much trouble selling after a year or two if seems to have inherent problems or recalls. I mainly state all my concerns to field answers from guys that have owned Fords and possibly alleviate my worries, so to speak. it’s not really a big deal….I have a lot of time on my hands so post more than the average bear. I am dissatisfied with the dealer experience at this point but like the Maverick itself I’m going to see if everything works out as planned and the way I hope it does all-in-all. I do read posts from a few other individuals that are experiencing less than ideal experiences from their dealer…but again most seem to be offering decent customer service.
When i purchased the Niro I had all the same apprehensions as I do now…new model/first hybrid, 6 speed auto trans/ first Kia/made in South Korea, etc. Fortunately, all those worries vanished quickly as I have been very happy with it and it hasn‘t caused me one iota of any problems. it’s fine with me if I’m your source of entertainment! I’m looking forward to receiving the truck.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

If you think it odd that i joined the “other forum” as well, what are you doing there” :D I heard about it from Tim Bartz who also posts there…and others as well.

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you think it odd that i joined the “other forum” as well, what are you doing there” :D I heard about it from Tim Bartz who also posts there…and others as well.
I have not joined the other forum, but I do read it.
One thing I would not do is advertise for a different forum on another forum; it seems to me a bit like grocery shopping at your local market and telling everyone there that they should go to the supermarket because the peaches there are cheaper... Bad form. But that's just me. If the Admins don't mind then feel free to do so.

Kia and Hyundai are sister companies. Sorry I get them mixed up. Someone else must have mentioned the Ionic and it stuck in my head; like mixing up a Silverado and a Sierra I suppose. Most Chevy guys could care less but the GMC guys get offended.

As I said in my first post, if I've read you wrong I do apologize. Carry on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts