Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The picture below shows the blind side detection radar about to detect a person pushing a shopping cart. I was thinking, would the radar detect a plastic shopping car? Or how about a person just walking along? Not sure how BLIS works!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe you’ll need to order the Lariat with luxury package in order to get the rear parking sensors. BLIS has different features for different trim levels.
The XLT has the BLIS option which is described as:

BLIS With Cross-Traffic Alert

This is not the same system which would detect moving vehicles or people behind you?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

I'm not sure if the cross traffic alert only applies when driving. I would think those rear parking sensors are for something. The Maverick is a little weird with its options. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are usually synonymous with SYNC3, but while SYNC3 is only found in the Lariat, all trims get CP/AA.

You'll also need Co-Pilot 360 for any of the trims to get BLIS, but I'm sure you know that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The rear parking sensors is a beeper that beeps as you are backing up with an object directly behind you, say a child or a bicycle laying on the ground. It beeps faster as you are approaching the object, and becomes a solid tone when you are very close to the object.

The rear cross traffic alert notifies you, when you are backing up, of an object approaching from either side such as another vehicle or person pushing a shopping cart coming past you in a parking lot as shown in the picture in the first post.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you can afford this system, get it. I have this type package on my 2016 Rav 4 Limited and it has saved my butt on several occasions. People are so impatient and in a hurry they will fly though the parking lot without regards to cars backing out of parking spaces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts