Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It states in the article at the link below the following:

"2022 Ford Maverick XL and XLT models lack native voice recognition capability and are therefore unable to change radio stations, temperature, or govern media players through simple verbal commands."

So with an XLT you don't have the ability to make phone calls or control music with your voice? Years ago I had a Ford Focus and was able to make calls and play music on an inserted USB thumbdrive.

2022 Ford Maverick XL And XLT Do Not Offer SYNC 3: Here's Why (fordauthority.com)

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can, as long as you use Android Auto or Apple Carplay. Anything that you can can control on your phone by voice, you can do in vehicle.

But if you are listening to FM radio, then you have to do it by hand I guess (I don't think the phones can control that)

From later in the article:
"Even if Ford Maverick XL and XLT trims don’t technically come with SYNC 3, they do offer a few welcome features including 911 Assist, Applink, Bluetooth, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay have their own voice assistants that can be accessed by pressing the voice button on the steering wheel, which should still allow drivers to send texts while on the road and to initiate phone calls, "

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can, as long as you use Android Auto or Apple Carplay. Anything that you can can control on your phone by voice, you can do in vehicle.

But if you are listening to FM radio, then you have to do it by hand I guess (I don't think the phones can control that)

From later in the article:
"Even if Ford Maverick XL and XLT trims don’t technically come with SYNC 3, they do offer a few welcome features including 911 Assist, Applink, Bluetooth, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay have their own voice assistants that can be accessed by pressing the voice button on the steering wheel, which should still allow drivers to send texts while on the road and to initiate phone calls, "
I'm a bit disappointed by this. My Ford Focus would sync contacts from the phone to the car, then I could make hands free calls (No Android auto involved). I could also connect a USB thumbdrive loaded with music, and play songs using voice commands.

Forget about hands free -- On an XLT can the contacts be synced and phone calls be made without a phone connected? How about music played from a connected USB thumbdrive?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts