Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
72 year old retired electrician from Vermont who has owned 3 Rangers since 1990. Current Ranger is an 05 FX/4 with a 168K on the clock. I love my FX/4 dearly and must admit it will be hard to part with this truck after 17 years of driving it daily. However, time does march on and it is time to get some of the creature comforts a new Mav will give me. It is getting harder and harder to stay ahead of the rust and wear and tear and keeping it looking in top shape.

4 WD is a must now for me living in Vermont where we have 9 months of winter and 3 months of lousy skiing. Wishy washy on whether to get the XLT package or the Lariat package. Which ever I decide will get the FX/4 package as well.

Thanx for reading. Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do, push button start being the major one. Our Sonata had it and our current Cherokee has it and I like the feature of just keeping the key in my pocket or my wife keeping it in her purse. In another thread I asked if anyone had any info on whether Ford in general and the Maverick in particular who be using Apple Car Key as it gets up and running and goes mainstream. If that does ever become a reality with no guarantees it ever will, then it would only work with the Lariat.

The second reason is my personal vehicle for over 30 years have been various Rangers. Great trucks with my current one a 05 FX/4. Rangers, however were never noted for their abundance of amenities. Now that I am older, I be thinking it is time to step up and get a rig that has all the bells and whistles. Lastly, I love the ActiveX faux leather and for me the color combo goes great with a black truck.

Thanx for responding. Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts