Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to actually negotiate with the dealer? I am prepared to pay cash and can pay half right now. I saw that most people are paying MSRP. Why can't I just fill out a form and select my delivery date? I also want to wait for a few months to make sure any manufacturing defects are worked out.

I don't understand the need to talk to a person.

Maybe it's because I am an introvert...

·
Registered
234 Posts
There are only a few dealers working out an offer below MSRP. I would not tell them your paying cash until you sign for the car. I would put as minimum down as possible. Only negotiate that they sell for MSRP or lower, no add on costs. Some dealers are adding $1-10k to msrp. You can also get X pricing by joining Mustang Club Of America, just ask if they will accept X price.

Their is no way to order online, you will need to go to a dealer. There is also no way to know when your vehicle will be built or delivered. I ordered in June and still waiting on a build date, let alone a delivery date. Some people have their new rides sitting (for months) in a parking lot waiting on parts/chips.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do I need to actually negotiate with the dealer? I am prepared to pay cash and can pay half right now. I saw that most people are paying MSRP. Why can't I just fill out a form and select my delivery date? I also want to wait for a few months to make sure any manufacturing defects are worked out.

I don't understand the need to talk to a person.

Maybe it's because I am an introvert...
I think you can contact several of the large dealerships online and order. Scour the forums because there are several, and I have no idea which one to recommend. I agree that you probably shouldn't get in a conversation about how you plan to pay for your truck until the truck is delivered to the dealership, and you are ready to take possession. But, for sure, there are legitimate dealerships where you can order online without having show up in person.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you. I have always financed vehicles until I sold my last truck and bought a old used car for cash.

Speaking of financing. I could put the entire thing on one of my credit cards. I suppose I will wait to say that until after the price is negotiated.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks to both of you. I have always financed vehicles until I sold my last truck and bought a old used car for cash.

Speaking of financing. I could put the entire thing on one of my credit cards. I suppose I will wait to say that until after the price is negotiated.
Some dealers won’t let you charge the entire vehicle on a credit card. I think your tactic is smart. Just whip out the card and try to charge the entire thing. They might take it but be ready for them to negotiate an amount you can charge on the card.

Dealer make the most money financing, second is cash, and last is credit card. Some one has to pay the credit card fee and they don’t want to.

If you can get a better deal/more cash back think about 3yr 0 percent interest. Take the loan, save money, and pay it off in a month.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My understanding is that the dealer can't really deal with payment until there's actually a truck for you to buy. You can casually throw out words like cash or financing or whatever, but I don't think you can buy it when you order it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts