Ford Maverick Forum banner

Really Curious here in Houston

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Primrose 
#1 ·
We've already decided (Wifey will be driving) on a Ford Bronco Sport, and I hope the Ford Maverick pickup will closely resemble the Bronco Sport's front end and be nearly identical in width/height/length..

Still need a crew cab, but I'm okay with a Nissan Frontier-sized bed + maybe the 2.0L EcoBoost, 4wd, and lower bed height...nothing that is a rock crawler, but able to do light, unpaved roads and can jump a curb, if need be

#5 ·
No more Jeep Wrangler (including Gladiator) for me -- drove a Gladiator (Overland trim level) and the steering/wandering was terrible, probably to require an upgraded steering stabilizer and bracings...

The Wrangler/Gladiator will drive completely different, having a solid front axle -- versus IFS setups for the Bronco/Bronco Sport/Maverick...

#7 ·
I believe the projections for the next generation of Ranger release are 2024 (model year or calendar year?) -- I've driven a 2019/2020 Ranger, but the rear bench seat was very tight (I'm 5'10"), even for me...Also, the Ranger is priced too close to an F-150 (after Ford/dealer discounts off MSRP) to warrant the consideration. Obviously there are size differences between the F-150/Ranger, but the Maverick truck, if identical to the Bronco Sport's dimension, will actually have 2.5" of additional rear legroom on the crew cab (36.9" Bronco Sport vs 34.5" Ranger)

#8 ·
The idea of the Maverick being based on the Bronco Sport seems to be gaining steam.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.