Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Maverick has a DIY connector pre-wired in the back of the bed, does anyone know if it is switched in the cab ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would almost doubt it, you are probably better off using some sort of Wireless relay, and setting up a button in the cab to control it. That way you can power the relay off of the 12 volt power as well as have it breaking the 12-volt power to some lights or whatever. This allows you to connect multiple devices to control them each independently versus having one real that is turned off and on on everything.

With the somewhat DIY approach they're taking you to probably 3D print a cover for one of the Cubbies and put the relay buttons in that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I probably shouldn't have said explicitly a relay, but wireless switch of some sort. I saw a couple different ones on Amazon ranging from $15 to 140 depending on what you're trying to accomplish

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Maverick has a DIY connector pre-wired in the back of the bed, does anyone know if it is switched in the cab ?
Not an answer, but I do have an opinion based on what the truck does have. Also a bump.
I would guess it is not switched 12v, but constant 12v. The reason I think this is because it probably comes from the same branch circuit as the 12v box lighting, lighting which is powered by a switch at the light itself. Fused 12v constant to the switch in the box.
I hope I'm wrong though. A totally independent circuit which is factory switched from the cab would be ideal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not an answer, but I do have an opinion based on what the truck does have. Also a bump.
I would guess it is not switched 12v, but constant 12v. The reason I think this is because it probably comes from the same branch circuit as the 12v box lighting, lighting which is powered by a switch at the light itself. Fused 12v constant to the switch in the box.
I hope I'm wrong though. A totally independent circuit which is factory switched from the cab would be ideal.
Because of what I said above, I personally hope its not. I want to be able to power my own LED strip bed lights as well as potentially a compressor, and independently control which has power.

If they had more than one, one constant, and one on a cab switch, that would be ideal.

Reactions: DavidS and Toddio12

·
Registered
180 Posts
Pretty sure there's no cab switches at all or Ford would have mentioned it by now. Entirely possible there's three wires. Ground, always hot, and keyed hot.

·
Registered
181 Posts
This all I have from Ford:
Some FlexBed wiring details from Ford Maverick Marketing dept:
  • The two 12V pre-wire leads have their own circuitry & their own fuses (max 15 Amp combined) to protect the function of the vehicle electrical system.
  • Access is through a small rectangular trim covered port on the left & right sides of the pick-up bed, near the tailgate.
  • The vehicle comes with one 12V connector in its own packaging. (Add’l connectors are available thru dealer channel).
  • The one 12V connector attaches to either of the 12V pre-wire leads.
  • What is the max wattage of an inverter that can be attached to a 12 V pre-wire lead? 180 W

1 - 9 of 9 Posts