Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Easy. Remove the two bolts from the left and right at rear of console then the whole rear console pulls off. Just ordered a USB-C/USB off Amazon and wired in. White is hot and its on even with key off so be careful or remove the fuse. I just did 1 wire at a time.

There are two notches when you remove the cigarette lighter, I cut off the top one and left the side one on to make a tight fit.
It was so easy I only took the one picture..

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Plant

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice.. one thing I hate is the placement of the usb plug in the front. I plan to always use a plug but hate seeing wires. Do you think it’s possible to move the front USB to another spot?
was thinking to slice in and run a new female plug to the glove box or armrest. think it’s possible?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice.. one thing I hate is the placement of the usb plug in the front. I plan to always use a plug but hate seeing wires. Do you think it’s possible to move the front USB to another spot?
was thinking to slice in and run a new female plug to the glove box or armrest. think it’s possible?
Sure you can. But the front one is your Android auto /apple car play. You would need to make sure whatever adapters you had worked with it. I know some usb cables don't seem to work with the stereo.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These also work
workhttps://www.amazon.com/Meagoes-Cigarette-Accessories-Charging-Compatible/dp/B09C1KR2KR/ref=sr_1_15?crid=3MMDH2ELGXIHH&dchild=1&keywords=usb+adapter+to+cigarette+lighter&qid=1633778621&sprefix=usb+adapter+to+cig%2Caps%2C201&sr=8-15
Amazon.com: Small Car Charger, JSAUX 24W/4.8A Dual USB Port Mini Cigarette Lighter Adapter, All Metal Car Adapter Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8 Plus, Note 9/8, iPhone 7/8 Plus/X/XR/XS/XS Max-Black : Cell Phones & Accessories
You're not wrong. I just strongly dislike those adapters. Each to there own.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A flush mounted one has been left plugged into my truck for 3 or 4 years. Works great for those who don't want to take plug out in case they need cig. plug down the road for an air pump or something. Each to their own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts