Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who came up with this brilliant idea? I guess if you have rear passengers you'll have to have to turn the fader to front only
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
234 Posts
Surprised they didn’t charge for this and call it

“Conversation isolation technology” the new CIT allows for front row passenger(s) to engage in conversation without interruption form the back seat passenger(s). This eliminates the threat of back seat drivers and is included in the Ford Copilot 360 plus package."

Ford, I hate my current job.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I feel it's a good thing - in all previous vehicles, the speakers are mounted low in the door or behind the rear seats, which means you have to crank up the volume to the max just to hear and then you get a ton of distortion in the music - with these speakers mounted high, the volume can be kept lower for a better listening experience.

Another reason I feel Ford did their homework and making a vehicle that is a game changer and benchmark for others to follow.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Fishchris Aren't you the audio Guru? What's your take on this?

Also, do we know if this is for all trim levels or if this is the Lariat Lux sound system only that has this mounting?

·
Registered
25 Posts
All trim levels because of the bottle holder in the door panels.
Good point. I will be sure to bring some guests with me and throw them in the backseat when I test drive to make sure my "normal" volume level isn't too loud lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
@Fishchris Aren't you the audio Guru? What's your take on this?

Also, do we know if this is for all trim levels or if this is the Lariat Lux sound system only that has this mounting?
Ha :) Thanks, but not really. I dunno'.... I would have agreed with just fading them down if need be.... but there is a growing crowd of SQ guys who believe the rears in a car, typically do nothing but destroy the front sound stage. That said, I will probably only go with the front four speakers, and not even those will likely be coaxials, but rather, two tweets, and two mids (separates) which will help greatly in determining what sound comes from where, and the time in which that sounds takes to reach your ear. I think doing it this way, with the automatic DSP's built into those Kicker Key amps will result in a really great Sound Quality system. And here's the thing.... admittedly, yes, it will be far better for the front seat passengers (you) however, with 200 watts going to those 2 tweeters and 2 mids, and 500 going to the sub setup, it will be able to get plenty loud enough for the back seat passengers to hear it ;) In fact, if they are not used to a high end, decently powered stereo system, they would probably still be likely to say something like, Wow ! That's the best car stereo I've ever heard...... Then you could let them try the front seat :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Who came up with this brilliant idea? I guess if you have rear passengers you'll have to have to turn the fader to front only

View attachment 1199
This is what happens when you cut the development time from 12 months to 3 months.
But the real question is ,why didn’t they just leave them where they have been for the last 20 years ? Which is in the doors .

·
Registered
75 Posts
This is what happens when you cut the development time from 12 months to 3 months.
But the real question is ,why didn’t they just leave them where they have been for the last 20 years ? Which is in the doors .
Because... One liter water bottles..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
ITT mad boomers

I'm sure Ford put some minimal thought into this and those speakers probably don't get very loud and the fader is preset a bit towards the front. I'm guessing the front door speakers in all trims do most of the work, with the dash speakers and rear speakers filling in.

Ford's six speaker system they're putting in the base models of the newest vehicles is notoriously bad so if anyone likes blasting music, prepare to spend some money on that

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well first off, I don't know about you, but I never sit in my rear seats :) lol

Secondly, I wont be using those speakers anyway. Right now, I'm trying to decide between dedicated tweeters in my dash and mids in the door spaces, OR, tweeter / mid coaxials in the dash, and some nice little mid bass drivers in the doors. Subwoofer will be moveable, but typically on the floor behind passenger seat.

I'm actually getting pretty excited about my sound system in the Maverick :) I think it is going to sound phenomenal > and, I don't expect it to cost much more than $1000 even with a little install costs ....which I know how to do, but its just such a PITA, id rather let the guys that do that every day, to do this for me. I do want to find somebody with experience with the Kicker Key amps though, to make sure I can get those DSP's dialed to spot on ;) Whoo Hoo ! Sound quality + a little bit of loudness too ;) SQL is where its at !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well first off, I don't know about you, but I never sit in my rear seats :) lol

Secondly, I wont be using those speakers anyway. Right now, I'm trying to decide between dedicated tweeters in my dash and mids in the door spaces, OR, tweeter / mid coaxials in the dash, and some nice little mid bass drivers in the doors. Subwoofer will be moveable, but typically on the floor behind passenger seat.

I'm actually getting pretty excited about my sound system in the Maverick :) I think it is going to sound phenomenal > and, I don't expect it to cost much more than $1000 even with a little install costs ....which I know how to do, but its just such a PITA, id rather let the guys that do that every day, to do this for me. I do want to find somebody with experience with the Kicker Key amps though, to make sure I can get those DSP's dialed to spot on ;) Whoo Hoo ! Sound quality + a little bit of loudness too ;) SQL is where its at !
This amp?

interesting idea. I’m guessing it’s internal eq is trying to make the response FLAT?

·
Registered
118 Posts
This amp?

interesting idea. I’m guessing it’s internal eq is trying to make the response FLAT?
No. It does anything but make it flat. You put a microphone on the drivers headrest, set the factory stereo to flat, Bluetooth some test tones, close the door, let it do it’s thing.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts