Ford Maverick Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
This amp?

interesting idea. I’m guessing it’s internal eq is trying to make the response FLAT?
Yes ! I'm hearing overwhelmingly positive stuff about these. The one you posted is the 50wt x 4 channel, but they also make a 500wt mono version for the subwoofer (s)

As for the auto EQ, it makes it "smooth" by added dips where you have peaks, and peaks where you have dips... In other words, it compensates for the peaks and valleys present in every sound system, in any vehicle.
At the same time, it will give a gentle curve with deeper bass being louder (since it's less audible, and mids and highs being lower..... Although I prefer a little bump at about 10-12K 😉
They will also put a dip between 2 and 4 Khz as this is the range that our ears are extra sensitive too (talking range).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes ! I'm hearing overwhelmingly positive stuff about these. The one you posted is the 50wt x 4 channel, but they also make a 500wt mono version for the subwoofer (s)

As for the auto EQ, it makes it "smooth" by added dips where you have peaks, and peaks where you have dips... In other words, it compensates for the peaks and valleys present in every sound system, in any vehicle.
At the same time, it will give a gentle curve with deeper bass being louder (since it's less audible, and mids and highs being lower..... Although I prefer a little bump at about 10-12K 😉
They will also put a dip between 2 and 4 Khz as this is the range that our ears are extra sensitive too (talking range).
Great way of explaining. Thank you. When I installed it in my Tacoma, all I knew was it sounded better. It was all voodoo magic as far as I could tell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw a YouTube Video by about this speaker. They put it there to allow more space for bottle and tablet on the door. That's why they cut de armrest too. Allow more higher Botle

·
Registered
5 Posts
While the Maverick is trying to grab 1st time buyers (younger folks), I think they will also appeal to my generation (60+). The only one going in the back seat will be the dog & she loves classic rock kranked up full blast !

·
Registered
2022 Ford Maverick 2003 Mini Cooper, Sold my 2015 Tundra after ordering Maverick HPR XLT
29 Posts
Of the few times I have bought a new car I had done a little research and then took a test drive. It was months driving after purchase before I learned everything about the new car. This time following this group and watching videos for months we should know most everything about the Maverick before it arrives. The hopefully the test drive will not be a disappointment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Of the few times I have bought a new car I had done a little research and then took a test drive. It was months driving after purchase before I learned everything about the new car. This time following this group and watching videos for months we should know most everything about the Maverick before it arrives. The hopefully the test drive will not be a disappointment.
Yeah and I was so excited but I learned we can't mount bar on the bed. I wanted to mount a rooftop tent on the bed but we can't so I don't know but I ll continue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who came up with this brilliant idea? I guess if you have rear passengers you'll have to have to turn the fader to front only View attachment 1199
Have a background in mobile audio. I could certainly be wrong but I’m willing to bet the speakers themselves are angled back and up. We simply don’t see this since the plastic grill is the front facing material. Angling would kill 3 birds with one stone…1 being not blown your passengers ears out 2. Saved space within the doors or behind seats 3. Angling gives reflective properties allowing the sound to bounce off hard surfaces giving a fuller more surround sound feel. This is same concept Bose speakers used in their dual cube surround sound speakers. Again this is my best guess but would like to think Ford wouldn’t knowingly blow peoples ears out lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Fishchris Aren't you the audio Guru? What's your take on this?

Also, do we know if this is for all trim levels or if this is the Lariat Lux sound system only that has this mounting?
The base (not bass!!)package has 6 speaker system ( 2- 2" tweets on the dash, 2 - 6.5" in the front doors & the 2- 4" in the rear) & the Lariat Lux B&O systems has 8 speakers. The same 6 speakers plus a 6"X9" woofer behind the rear seat & a middle dash speaker. Not sure the size. I think they are going for some surround kind of situation.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts