Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Font Electric blue Logo Brand

Ford Maverick Chief Engineer Chris Mazue held a Reddit AMA last week on November 3rd.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FordMaverickTruck/comments/qbbnc9
One of the things that stood out to me is that according to Mazur "There is nothing architectural preventing an AWD hybrid variant." Which means the reason we don't have one yet is due to Ford executives and not the engineers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Likely the very same executives that greenlighted the Maverick in the first place.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Reactions: Primrose

·
Registered
167 Posts
Then I guess the good news is that it shouldn't take long for the hybrid AWD models to come out. I imagine it'll start to happen once the computer chip shortage eases up.
Are you kidding??? They can't even get the FWD out to customers.

Motor Trend - Just a Reminder of Fords Plan.

" So although there is no packaging or technological impediment to modifying the Escape Hybrid AWD model's e-CVT to accommodate the Maverick's new motor, Ford decided not to bite off more than it could chew by developing and launching both front- and all-wheel-drive Maverick hybrid variants in the first model year. Let those who demand AWD spring for the fancier, more profitable 2.0-liter EcoBoost Maverick. Ford can fan the sales flames later by adding an AWD Hybrid version to the lineup."

The End

·
Registered
159 Posts
Then I guess the good news is that it shouldn't take long for the hybrid AWD models to come out. I imagine it'll start to happen once the computer chip shortage eases up.
only 2-3 years just in time for a mid-cycle refresh.

·
Registered
121 Posts
While AWD provides extra traction on snow covered roads or serious off roaders the FWD is ample for most everyone. FWD is much better for low traction situations than a RWD truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts