Ford Maverick Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '14 Explorer that I'll be replacing with my Maverick, which I ordered 7/12/21. Since I've had my Explorer serviced at my Ford dealer, I have a pre-existing Ford.com account. There's a section on my account page entitled "Reservations & Orders" and when I click "view now" in that section, it says that there is no record of any orders or reservations. Should I be concerned about that, or is that typical? Incidentally, I've received nothing in the way of emails from Ford regarding my Maverick order. My dealership initially put my email address in the Ford system incorrectly but the manager assured me that he corrected it in mid-August. And the manager of the dealership sent me a screenshot of my order in their system. In any event, since I haven't heard a word from Ford regarding my order, I'm nervous about it slipping through the cracks. Thanks very much for your input in advance!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know! Ford couldn't be doing a worse job of communicating with their customers as far as I can tell. Enjoy your new truck, thanks for getting back to me on it.

Registered
2022 Ford Maverick
I have a '14 Explorer that I'll be replacing with my Maverick, which I ordered 7/12/21. Since I've had my Explorer serviced at my Ford dealer, I have a pre-existing Ford.com account. There's a section on my account page entitled "Reservations & Orders" and when I click "view now" in that section, it says that there is no record of any orders or reservations. Should I be concerned about that, or is that typical? Incidentally, I've received nothing in the way of emails from Ford regarding my Maverick order. My dealership initially put my email address in the Ford system incorrectly but the manager assured me that he corrected it in mid-August. And the manager of the dealership sent me a screenshot of my order in their system. In any event, since I haven't heard a word from Ford regarding my order, I'm nervous about it slipping through the cracks. Thanks very much for your input in advance!
I鈥檝e had the same experience. My order was middle of July and other than an order sheet from my dealer I鈥檝e heard nothing from Ford. I鈥檝e had Ford鈥檚 for the past 25 years. It鈥檚 my go to vehicle

Registered
Don't rely on the Ford website for tracking information - Call your dealer/sales person - they have direct access to Ford and can give you first hand information about your vehicle.

Registered
I'm not so sure. I ordered Sept.1st with a $500 deposit. Nothing from Ford. Called them a couple weeks later. The person said she found my info in the system. Said I would receive an email in 3 days. NOTHING. My dealership has maintained several times that my order was submitted. NOTHING. Yesterday I the texted dealer again. Was told they would get me a VIN and an order number today. NOTHING. I don't believe anything anyone has yet told me about my order. I don't know if I have purchased a vehicle, or when or if it will be built and delivered. I think Ford has blown it big time with this order system (the pandemic hasn't helped). It stinks and doesn't function as intended. Thousands have been left in the dark. I think a lot of dealers aren't clear in how to use it. At the very least - whether or not we get the promised ongoing info about our orders, the very LEAST we should get from Ford and/or our dealer is a simple acknowledgement that we are in the system, and are in line for a vehicle - regardless of how long it's going to take. Do these complaints sound unfair from someone who has just spent $35,000?

Registered
no order or email confirmation from Ford as dealer promised. But they did submitted the order and gave me VIN and order number and I can track it at Ford. Supposed to be here by early November

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not so sure. I ordered Sept.1st with a $500 deposit. Nothing from Ford. Called them a couple weeks later. The person said she found my info in the system. Said I would receive an email in 3 days. NOTHING. My dealership has maintained several times that my order was submitted. NOTHING. Yesterday I the texted dealer again. Was told they would get me a VIN and an order number today. NOTHING. I don't believe anything anyone has yet told me about my order. I don't know if I have purchased a vehicle, or when or if it will be built and delivered. I think Ford has blown it big time with this order system (the pandemic hasn't helped). It stinks and doesn't function as intended. Thousands have been left in the dark. I think a lot of dealers aren't clear in how to use it. At the very least - whether or not we get the promised ongoing info about our orders, the very LEAST we should get from Ford and/or our dealer is a simple acknowledgement that we are in the system, and are in line for a vehicle - regardless of how long it's going to take. Do these complaints sound unfair from someone who has just spent $35,000?
You said exactly what I've been saying for months, and said it well! I went on Ford's Facebook page and said what you just said and got no response. I posted my sentiments on the Maverick marketing manager's LinkedIn page and it was taken down immediately; no response. Unbelievably simple to communicate with your customers, and not costly either. No excuse, just reeks of complacency.

Registered
Dealer called yesterday. They just got a Lariat FX4. wanted to know if i was interested. I was NOT. If it didn't have the FX4 package I might have bitten, in spite of it not being my preferred color, it had everything else I wanted. No reason to have to negotiate a new deal, pay thousands more, and give up a couple miles per gallon out of desperation. I think the dealer has actually made efforts to get a response from Ford on my behalf, but has had no more success than I have. Ford has really made a mess of this. I'm sure there are thousands who aren't on these forums, who are having the same experience. The LEAST Ford could do is to just send out a simple form letter acknowledging that we are in the system and in line for a build - at some point. This isn't just about having no patience. Planning is required to purchase and change a vehicle. They have really left us out to dry. If there were another reasonable choice, I would be cancelling my order. I'm spending waaay too much time hassling with this fiasco.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts