Ford Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made the online reservation yesterday afternoon and received a confirmation e-mail within minutes that my dealer would be contacting me soon. I am ready to order and contacted my dealer a few minutes ago, and he said they cannot order the vehicle until Ford sends them my information, which they have not yet done.

Is this the same experience others have had? Seems like they would take an order from someone that is ready to order. I see others posting here that they have ordered....what am I doing wrong? How long should I wait? Seems like I'm getting moved further down the list once production starts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my order taken today and they said they haven't had any official paperwork through Ford yet. So I think we are all waiting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I completed the online registration portion and got a brief uninformative email from a dealer. When you actually do the order do you have to have your financing secured then what does that happen when the vehicle is ready for delivery? Am I the only one who is worried about missing out on financing deals then if it's happening now?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I completed the online registration portion and got a brief uninformative email from a dealer. When you actually do the order do you have to have your financing secured then what does that happen when the vehicle is ready for delivery? Am I the only one who is worried about missing out on financing deals then if it's happening now?
Financing happens at the time of delivery unless you want to use your own financing and want to get pre-approved. My price will be 3% under invoice less any rebates at the time of delivery. I don't expect much considering it's a brand new product, but who knows.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I made a reservation online 6/8, then on 6/10 I went to my dealer and PLACED my order with a deposit. I also received an ORDER CONFIRMATION from Ford Motor Co stating my options/color/trim. Bob

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey @Zepper welcome to the forum! Like @balucipher says that'll happen towards when you get your delivery.

How did you spec your Maverick btw?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey @Zepper welcome to the forum! Like @balucipher says that'll happen towards when you get your delivery.

How did you spec your Maverick btw?
Thanks for the welcome.

I would like to order an Alto Blue XLT (premium package) FX4 w/tow pack. Add mudflaps, rear slider, full sized spare. Wish the LED lights were a part of the XLT premium pack. Maybe they can be added later if the wire harness allows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just went into the local ford store. The internet sales person who initially emailed me (essentially a blank response) told me they couldn't order yet. I informed her that i saw orders going in nationwide posted on the forums. She checked with another employee and found they could in fact order. They placed my order and I have received confirmation from ford. $500 refundable deposit was taken.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wonder if the ability to put in an order with deposit is based on geographical area. In the Seattle area, I called the dealer I put in my "reservation" with, and they said they have no information from Ford. Based on my reading of the websites for other dealers, it looks as if it's the same for other dealerships in the surrounding area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 'internet sales manager' i spoke with also had no clue. She said that "ford hasn't told them anything about this truck --you guys no more about it then we do." So i'd say push your dealer. Make them call their contact at Ford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 'internet sales manager' i spoke with also had no clue. She said that "ford hasn't told them anything about this truck --you guys no more about it then we do." So i'd say push your dealer. Make them call their contact at Ford.
Oh, I did. I pushed and they kind of got half hot about it.

Now the text messages that we're getting responded to aren't.

Call the dealer 15 mi up the road and they also said they couldn't do it then after several hours they said they could. So now do I stick with my dealer or go to somebody who can actually get the thing ordered?

·
Registered
4 Posts
For what it's worth, I found a dealer (Evergreen Ford in Issaquah, WA) that knew the procedure. Now I just have to decide which way to go with an XL order - hybrid for the economy, or EcoBoost for the AWD. Right now I'm thinking hybrid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what it's worth, I found a dealer (Evergreen Ford in Issaquah, WA) that knew the procedure. Now I just have to decide which way to go with an XL order - hybrid for the economy, or EcoBoost for the AWD. Right now I'm thinking hybrid.
I went with XLT hybrid...for fuel economy. The extra 3k for wheels, cruise, 300A package was worth it for me....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts